722 plastic panels on front of receiver bubbling up

dmorack

Aug 17, 2007
My 722 receiver I just received less than a month ago for replacing a defective 622 that was constantly rebooting is bubbling up on the front left hand access panel excessively and the center access panel under the mode light. I cannot eliminate the air bubbles, nor do I know the cause. The unit is behaving normally except for this unsightly appearance. I was hoping the cause was just protective plastic covers over these panels needing to be removed, however I don't see how to remove these air bubbles or the plastic, and when I contacted Dish there response was "Don't worry about it" and that this sometimes happened due to humidity.

Has anybody had a similar issue with their receiver and what is the cause and solution?

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I noticed those bubbles on mine, but since it's in an equipment closet, it doesn't bother me. I assumed it was just the plastic protective film and that this would come off easily if I ever felt the need. Are you saying that you can't remove this plastic film at all?

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
I think it is the plastic. It's not easy to find the edges of that plastic, but believe me it's there. If you have any fingernails just scrape all the corners until you can grasp the plastic.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Hah... Give the guy a break... The plastic is hard to remove, especially if you don't have any fingernails :p .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)