722 problem w/ OTA channels

swatson1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
I just added a 722 to my 4 622's. I have had 2 major problems with the 722. First, it freezes when I click on DishOnline. I had read that this is a common problem, so I'll wait for a software fix.

The second problem I have not seen any info on. My OTA HD locals just show up as "Digital Service" in the program description. I get no program description. I live in Houston and the HD satellite locals show up in the channel 6389-6392 range.

They also are located as 002-00 (for channel 2), 011-00 (for channel 11), etc. These do not show up on my new 722, but still exist on all of my 622's.

My digital OTA HD channels that I scanned in are like 002-01, 011-01, etc., but have no program description.

The first CSR had no idea what I was talking about. The second one understood, and sent a form to the Engineering dept.

Anyone else have this problem, or can offer any information?

How long have you had the 722 hooked up? Sometimes it can take a few hours to a day to get the local guide information (I'm assuming that you are subscribed to locals here - sounds like you are as you are getting the info on your 622s).

And you are getting guide information for the same channels from the satellite right? Assuming you are you need to call back to talk to the tech people, they should be able to reset it and get you set up right.

I've heard where it has taken several days for the OTA info to show up. The map down function may not be enabled, check under system setup then local channels to see what it set. Dish on line has been temperarally shut off due to problems.

I've done the check switch, soft reset, hard reset, etc. I'll check the map down function under locals setup today when I get home. I don't remember seeing that.

The regular HD locals (6389-6392) do have the guide information, which goes out for over a week.

Sounds like there may be a problem with your 722. I got my new one last week and as soon as I scanned my local channels the guide was updated.

I just added a 722 to my 4 622's. I have had 2 major problems with the 722. First, it freezes when I click on DishOnline. I had read that this is a common problem, so I'll wait for a software fix.

The second problem I have not seen any info on. My OTA HD locals just show up as "Digital Service" in the program description. I get no program description. I live in Houston and the HD satellite locals show up in the channel 6389-6392 range.

They also are located as 002-00 (for channel 2), 011-00 (for channel 11), etc. These do not show up on my new 722, but still exist on all of my 622's.

My digital OTA HD channels that I scanned in are like 002-01, 011-01, etc., but have no program description.

The first CSR had no idea what I was talking about. The second one understood, and sent a form to the Engineering dept.

Anyone else have this problem, or can offer any information?

try the NVRAM clear.... I had one local OTA that did the "Digital Service" thing and Dish played around with it since October 2007 and still didn't figure it out. As soon as I performed the NVRAM clear, re-scanned locals, and then a check switch to pull new guide data, I had all channels with guide data. I've talked with two other people who had the same problem as I and tried it and it worked for them as well so i believe there's some data that is corrupt in the NVRAM that causes this. Here's the link to the post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1101407-post46.html

That did not work. It did not reset counters or make it 480i either, so maybe I didn't do it right. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah.... You didn't perform the task correctly. The end result should of been a screen kinda like a memory dump in hex and no way of exiting it. You have to press and hold the front panel power button or pull the plug and reboot in order to get back to any programming. I've noticed you have to perform the trick rather quickly for it to work. It worked for me andd two other people here in Montgomery, AL even though the Dish engineer says it had nothing to do with it, but after a scan I had the same symptoms and I did this trick and had my guide for the one channel I didn't have before. I can only offer words of encouragement.....

They are now sending me a new receiver, so hopefully the new one will not have the same problem. I also have LNB drift at -11, so they say that could be part of the problem. But the previous receiver I had in this location was able to give the channel descriptions on the OTA channels.

I got the new receiver today and all problems are solved, except the LNB drift of -10. I have my OTA channels w/ description and all my locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts