722 Questions

HailScroob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
LaPaz, Indiana
I've had a 722 for a couple of weeks now and I'm curious if these are typical behaviors, or if I have a problem somewhere:

1) Changing from an SD channel to an HD channel takes a long, long time. The screen will be black for 10-20 seconds, then the sound will kick in and finally the picture shows up. There isn't any appreciable lag going from HD to HD or HD to SD. I have the 722 outputting 1080i (my 942 was set for 720p, but the HDNet logo "pulses" at that setting). I'm connected with HDMI now, but saw the same thing using component.

2) I notice a lot more dropouts on HD content than I used to see with my 942 (the little blocks popping up all over the screen). Happens on both Sat and OTA HD. Of course, I only had HBO over Sat on the 942, but I don't ever recall the screen breaking up like it will now. It's not horrible, but it is distracting. Haven't noted any such issues on any SD channel. I did go from a Superdish/DP34 to a 1000.2, but I've got pretty decent signal strength (in the low 60s for 129, 80s for 110/119). My OTA antenna is the same one that was connected to my 942, and signal strengths are all 95+.

to me it sounds like low signal on 129. how many transponders have you checked? to determent it is low 60.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)