722 receiver freezes up

rambeaux

Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Alabama
For about the last week, my 722 receiver is ramdomly freezing up and resetting. It will reset automatically after about 5 minutes or I can reset when it happens and it goes through a start-up procedure. At first it was very random, but now it's happening a couple of times a day. Sounds like the receiver going bad, but I thought I'd post and get input from you guys. Has anyone experienced this, or have any thoughts or advice?
Thanks!

For about the last week, my 722 receiver is ramdomly freezing up and resetting. It will reset automatically after about 5 minutes or I can reset when it happens and it goes through a start-up procedure. At first it was very random, but now it's happening a couple of times a day. Sounds like the receiver going bad, but I thought I'd post and get input from you guys. Has anyone experienced this, or have any thoughts or advice?
Thanks!
Yep, going (gone) bad. Contact DIRT for replacement.

Could be many reasons. Signal loss from the lnb's, internal drive going bad, overheating...

Do you also have an external TV antenna hooked up, and OTA channels scanned in? It can even reboot sometimes when losing signal if it's parked on an OTA channel.

Call Dish and let them run you through the basic checks.

Mine was doing something similar and it ended up being the hard drive dying. Wasn't able to offload my recordings to a EXT drive, that would error out without finishing.

DIRT can get you a refurb shipped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)