722 reciever issue or dish issue

mlowell

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Hello All
I had 2 vip 722 recievers installed today both are hooked up to hdtv's. Our downstairs one is working great, our bedroom one is not. When we turn on the tv is has the searching for satellite signal box on the screen, it go through the transponders but that is it, doesn't progress stays at 0. We we go through the other options it tells us that our satellites have been modified? We haven't touched them, it was working when they left. Any ideas, its going to take them 2 days before they can come back out and look at it.

If this was my system and just installed with warranty, I would be patient and wait for the installer. Unless you altered the installation, there shouldn't be a charge.

Have you tried rebooting the box?? Hold down the power button for a few seconds or unplug and plug it back in after half a minute. Also check for loose coax connections, at the receiver or separator. I'd run a switch test as well. MENU-6-1-1 CHECK SWITCH--TEST. Good luck and welcome abpard.

Ed

We have tried to reboot, unplug and did the switch test, for some reason it just keeps saying our signal meter has been modified. We haven't done anything other than try to hook up a HDMI cable which we bought our own rather than paying $$$$ for theirs. We also checked all the cables.

We have tried to reboot, unplug and did the switch test, for some reason it just keeps saying our signal meter has been modified.
There are two sentences there. The second one reads; "Select Help for details".
If you do that, you will understand why the message is being displayed. We all see that message. It is unrelated to your problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)