722 Remote doesn't accept the DVD code

treiher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
This is a strange one, and I thought I'd see if anyone here has any ideas. Just recently got my 722 upgrade (finally! but that's another story). The remotes that came with it will not accept the DVD code programmed to the VCR button like my 622 remotes will. I'm using the Onkyo-DVD code which is 713. When I try to program it, it does not give me the confirming 3 flashes which tells me the code was accepted. Neither the IR or the UHF remotes will accept the codes. It took the other TV and Aux (which is an Onkyo receiver) codes just fine. And they will take other DVD codes, just not the 713. I even tried 714 (which is another brand) and it took that one.

What I really don't get is these remotes appear to be the exact same remotes that came with the 622 (ver. 5.3 and 6.3). I even went back to my 622 remotes and reprogrammed them exactly the same way and they took the codes just fine. I called tech. support and they were very perplexed. Suggested I take the batteries out for 30 minutes and let the remotes clear and then try reprogramming. But even after no batteries over night the remote still remembers all its codes (except the one I'm trying to program ofcourse).

Is there any way to force a reset on a remote? Is it really possible that the new 722 remotes are different than the 622 remotes even though the model numbers are the same? Is it possible I got two bad remotes? If so, why would it affect only that particular code? More questions than answers at this point. I'll probably be calling them back again tonight.

Oh yeah, I did to a scan as well. It found no codes that operate the DVD player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)