Cannot acquire 119 and 110 at the same time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ricochet

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I have a Dish 500 dish with a dual LNB and a Dish DVR-625 receiver. I have recently installed my dish system in my RV and cannot acquire both sats at the same time. I used the same wiring as the system was set up at my home but cannot get both sats to work together. Do I need to change the wiring. I've spent hours trying to get this to work while traveling and the wife and I are getting ready to pitch it. I've included a drawing of how the system is connected. I set the AZ, Elev and Skew to the recommended settings based on Zip but no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Dish Hookup.jpg
    Dish Hookup.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 232
I have a Dish 500 dish with a dual LNB and a Dish DVR-625 receiver. I have recently installed my dish system in my RV and cannot acquire both sats at the same time. I used the same wiring as the system was set up at my home but cannot get both sats to work together. Do I need to change the wiring. I've spent hours trying to get this to work while traveling and the wife and I are getting ready to pitch it. I've included a drawing of how the system is connected. I set the AZ, Elev and Skew to the recommended settings based on Zip but no luck. What am I doing wrong?
Let me count the ways you are wrong.
1. You probably don't have a DUAL LNB that would only pick up 1 satellite but would only fill 1 side of the "Y" adapter.
2.You can't use a SPLITTER to combine or split satellite signals.
3.You can't use a DIPLEXER except to add TV antenna or cable signals.
4.A DISH PRO SEPARATOR can only be used with a DPP44 switch or a DPP Twin LNB.:):):):)

Last edited:
Yes indeed there are many problems here. For one the LNB needs to be a twin LNB not a dual to recieve 119 and 110. The splitter cannot be in the line at all and diplexors only work in pairs. A DPP seperator only works with DPP twin LNBS. There is no way this config would work in a house or rv or anywhere. If you want to use the 625 with one line you must use a dish 500 with a DPP Twin. You could then diplex a antenna feed in the single line using 2 diplexors and use the dpp seperator.

Here is a modification to your drawing doing what the others have stated.. more likely to work.

Attachments

• Dish%20Hookup[1].jpg
    Dish%20Hookup[1].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 229
To the OP, make sure you note that on the correct drawing there's a Dish Pro Plus Twin not a dual or twin Dish Pro lnb. Like Boba said, you can only use dish pro separators with a DPP Twin or a DPP44 switch.

Thanks for the info guys. However, like I said this is the way it was connected at my house before moving the entire system to my RV. Just after posting my original message I was able (for the first time) to acquire both sat 119 and 110 using the configuration I showed in my original message, no changes. ??? Perhaps I should have said "twin" instead of "dual". The two words are interchangeable to me. Also, I have two leads coming from the dish not one. One comes from the 119 connection and the other from the 110 connection. I do not claim to know much about the connections or switches or diplexors...etc. I simply want to connect the dish and watch tv.

Last edited:
I am willing to bet he has 2 duals and the splitter he has in his diagram is actually a SW21 switch. This is not a splitter. In order to connect the 625 the correct way follow the revised diagram that was posted. It is correct for what you are trying to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts