722 RF remote question

blockrw

Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
I would like to use a 722 DVR in single mode to feed one TV. Can the RF remote which normally controls the second TV be configured to control the main TV allowing me to put the DVR in a closet behind the TV which will be mounted on a wall?

The tv2 UHF remote (not aware of it being rf) will work, there are a couple of functions that must be done with the tv1 IR remote, but most of the everyday functions will work. Just make sure there is enough ventilation in the cabinet, you don't want to overheat the receiver.

I believe the only operation you cannot perform with the UHF TV2 remote is switching from shared view to multi view and/or back again. Otherwise, everything is identical to the TV1 remote and it works great. I have had a 722 connected to a single TV as well as a 622 for years. It works great!

The tv2 UHF remote (not aware of it being rf) will work, there are a couple of functions that must be done with the tv1 IR remote, but most of the everyday functions will work. Just make sure there is enough ventilation in the cabinet, you don't want to overheat the receiver.

RF refers to a specific range of frequencies in the frequency spectrum. There's the audible range (what is heard), the radio range (RF), infrared (IR), visible, ultraviolet, x-ray, gamma ray, cosmic ray. UHF falls within the radio frequency spectrum. Human hearing is below that and human vision is above that.

I removed the TV 2 key on the bottom of the remote and then i pushed the switch that's underneath 2 clicks to the right and then went to receiver info (push the menu button twice) and then hit the record button and now my tv2 remote is IR/UHF pro band A and controls tv1 - I'm using an old 811 UHF 8.0 remote to control tv2 now - but treiher is correct the tv2 remote does everything except switch from or to shared/multi view - the reason i did this was so i can have UHF in my main room and also UHF in my bedroom but i leave my 622 in single user mode so i can have pip and swap functions in both rooms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts