722 shows channel but 222 doesn't

Chimera

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago I added HBO (for True Blood) and on my primary 722 all of the channels work fine. However, on my 222 I am missing channel 308 (HBOZ), it just doesn't appear on the guide and I can't tune to it. Both of the receivers are in dual mode, and both tuners on the 222 are missing that channel. I've tried power cycling the 222 but can't seem to make it see that channel....any ideas?

Thanks

I believe that each receiver has to be activated. It sounds like you only had the update activated on the 722 and not on the 222.

The VIP222 is an HD receiver. The OP should call Dish and get a hit on the 222 to get the channel to come up.

The VIP222 is an HD receiver. The OP should call Dish and get a hit on the 222 to get the channel to come up.

Thanks, will try that. It's weird that only that one channel is missing, all of the other HBO channels are showing up.

One more question, somehow while messing around I managed to hide all of the HD channels on that receiver (the 222). They don't show up in the guide at all, I know it was a setting somewhere (and it's not just cycling through the Show All, Show Sub, Show HD etc). Help! :)

Is the 222 locked with locked channels hidden?

No, it's not. right now the receiver isn't connected to an HD capable TV, does that make a difference? TV 2 on my 722 isn't HD (obviously since it's coming over coax) but I still get all of the channels in the guide. Does one tuner have to be connected to HD in order to get HD channels in the guide?

No, it's not. right now the receiver isn't connected to an HD capable TV, does that make a difference? TV 2 on my 722 isn't HD (obviously since it's coming over coax) but I still get all of the channels in the guide. Does one tuner have to be connected to HD in order to get HD channels in the guide?

No the 222 will just downconvert to 480i even if your on a hd only channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts