722 Shutting Down with Error 355 Temp

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hammerdown

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Northern California
My 722 has shut down twice today saying Error 355 exceeded recommended temp. Just watching DVRed shows, not while recording. Only way to get back is hard reset.

System info says-
145 Hi
113 low
127 average

Last year I drilled holes in the top cover to help with cooling, didn't seem to make a dent in my temp readings though.

drilled holes in the top cover? just take the thing off completely if it's overheating that badly.

what's the ambient temperature in the room/rack where it is, how good of airflow does it have around it?

My 722 in semi-open cabinet reads on Menu+6+3+counters+page down*several High=138 Low=116 Average=131 (138 122 129 on other 1' down and closer to floor) and that's typical for both at 7300' altitude. I've never seen an "exceeded recommended temp." But I have reasonable room temps, open front and back. I haven't watched right rear input air port closely enough but likely OK opposite surge strip or short EHDs.

Drilling holes will cost $$$ when it is returned--if replaced, swap tops.

Have not replaced 722s, did one 622 maybe, did 921 at least 4 times.

-Ken

Thanks. I own a DISH VIP 722, and want to get it hooked up with my new HD TV in my motor home. I have a King Dome Sat Dish, and I'm not sure if it going to do the job receiving the HD Sat 129. I was hoping I could find some anwers here on the SatelliteGuys

Thanks. I own a DISH VIP 722, and want to get it hooked up with my new HD TV in my motor home. I have a King Dome Sat Dish, and I'm not sure if it going to do the job receiving the HD Sat 129. I was hoping I could find some anwers here on the SatelliteGuys

Start a new thread so this does not get buried in this thread...:welcometo the group..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts