722 timers problem: corrupt shows, other stuff

horseflesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
A couple of times my 722 has recorded an hour show, but been unable to play it. The most recent example was tonight's 4400 on USA (#105). The 6 PM showing showed up as a one hour recording, but was unplayable. It showed a few seconds and then stopped.

Is there any workaround for this?

The other problem is maybe user error since I haven't had this thing too long and after years of other DVRs I'm set in my ways. :)

So since 4400 didn't record correctly, I checked out the timer so I could pick up a repeat. I found the next repeat at 9 PM. It was shown in strikeout because the system knew it was a repeat. Fine. I "Restored" the recording.

The unit asked "this one only or restore all of them?" I said "this one only." And it didn't record. What did I do wrong, or is the unit wrong? There was absolutely no conflict. I was sitting in front of the unit and it was recording nothing on either tuner.

I have Restored the repeat coming up on Wednesday. I cruised up there in the guide and it shows an icon indicating it will record, but now I am suspicious.

Try a unplugging the 722 and let it do a hard reboot. Then change the priority status of the timer for the 4400 to number 1, so that it will definately record the show over all other timers. IF you still have problems with the 722 recording the show then you could change it to all episodes and keep just one under options of the timer. I would only do that if nothing else helps. There are a lot of reruns of that show every week and you might get a rerun instead of the newer episode.

*** Next week is the season finale of the 4400.

Thanks!

(I should probably make a reboot a weekly event. The other day TV2 freaked out and wasn't working properly, and a reboot fixed that. )

How is your signal strength?

I have seen timers skipped because of signal problems. This could also casue the corrupted recording problem.

Definitely give it a hard reboot.

Signal strength should be fine--haven't noticed any problems elsewhere--but I will be sure to check more carefully if I continue to have problems.

On my 622 I was unable to play the Season Finale of Entourage. Said "Event Unplayable". All I could do is delete.

Hope this isn't an issue with L443.

Is the Box Running Hot?

If you have it in an entertainment center, stacked, or otherwise open-air restricted, it may be hot. Symptons are random reboots, pixelization, frozen video, frozen audio, and/or video/audio out of sync. If it is really hot, it will shut down.

Search for and the "overheating" links here.

on my 622 i've had a problem with it only recording 55 min of an hour show. for some reason it has been for the Closer on TNT, did the same thing and restored a later show. What gives?

Problems with 722 recording. I would like to record the 4th hour of the NBC Today Show. When I tried to set it the timer said it was a repeat, which it isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)