722 to 2 hd tvs

bigtrain333

Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
I need help with getting my remotes to work now that I have set up a 2nd hd tv. Currently I have component into tv 1 but I don't use the remote supplied by dish as I have a universal remote. My 2nd tv coax was split between 2 tvs. I just replaced one of these with a lcd and hooked it up with hdmi. I know that it will watch the same as tv 1. It will also have coax so that basically you can choose which tuner you want the lcd to watch. My problem is I don't know how to use the remote. The tv 1 remote will work only if it is pointing at the receiver. Is there a way to make it work in a different room. And would I need to also keep the tv 2 remote in the room in case I wanted to watch the lcd via coax? TIA

Let me see if I understand what you did. You have your 722 set to single mode so that both TVs are watching the same thing at the same time. You have one set connected by component cables and the other by HDMI. If this is correct then remote 1 should be fine for the set that is in the same room with your 722. Remote 2 should work fine with the set that is in the other room. The same programming will appear on both sets at the same time. If you have your 722 in dual mode so that you can watch different shows on both sets from time to time then you must have either coax or composite cables running from tuner 2 to each set. In order for remote 1 to work in another room you will need some kind of infrared remote extender. You can use one of those pyramid things, or buy a Dish Network one. I haven't tried it but I believe the Dish Network UHF remote (remote 2) can also control Dish Network infrared devices if you set it up to do so on the AUX button. If you had 2 Dish UHF remotes and one of those pyramid things you could control both 722 tuners independently from either room just by selecting the correct device button on the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts