722 Took a dump

TheBobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
WOW!
Only had it 11 months.
Was placed in a cabinet and there it stayed.
Never was dropped, kicked, punched, spit on or screamed at.
The DVR function stopped working completely.
The new one should arrive by Friday.
Its only 70 bucks to disco early so may switch over to DIRECTV.
Anyone else ever had their 722 crap out on them?

They have moving parts inside (ala the hard drive) while the life of those parts (which are not built by Dish or Echostar) is meant for many many years sometimes they stop working.

Its just like buying a new car, things break down that shouldn't.

Yuckily you are under warentey so you should be good to go there. :)

WOW!
Only had it 11 months.
Was placed in a cabinet and there it stayed.
Never was dropped, kicked, punched, spit on or screamed at.
The DVR function stopped working completely.
The new one should arrive by Friday.
Its only 70 bucks to disco early so may switch over to DIRECTV.
Anyone else ever had their 722 crap out on them?

I have two 722. Like the 622 I have not had a problem, yet.

They do act up if they dont have good ventilation.

Maybe yours just overheated?

Any idea how hot it was running in the cabinet? I had mine running around 130 degrees F, and I removed it from the cabinet and the average temperature dropped by about 20 degrees. If it was part of the problem, you won't want to do that with the new one.

I was just going to post about my 722 today also. I was a new customer back in June and my 722 was dead when I got home from work yesterday, 5-6 months?? It was new, well ventilated and never was touched. I have laptops with hard drives in them that are 4 years old and still going strong. I hope the new 722 that comes isn't a refurb.

I was just going to post about my 722 today also. I was a new customer back in June and my 722 was dead when I got home from work yesterday, 5-6 months?? It was new, well ventilated and never was touched. I have laptops with hard drives in them that are 4 years old and still going strong. I hope the new 722 that comes isn't a refurb.

Thanks for all the responses above!
Yes that bastard gets friggin hot!
Now when you say well ventilated I would have to say "weliish"
Its open in the front and partially in the back but it is a tight fighting space.
I will have to move my new 722 to a new location and maybe pack it with dry ice!
:D

BTW the DISH rep did say that they would probably waive that 39.99 activation fee if I added an external hard drive.

Thanks for all the responses above!
Yes that bastard gets friggin hot!
Now when you say well ventilated I would have to say "weliish"
Its open in the front and partially in the back but it is a tight fighting space.
I will have to move my new 722 to a new location and maybe pack it with dry ice!
:D

BTW the DISH rep did say that they would probably waive that 39.99 activation fee if I added an external hard drive.

The air flow in the machine is right to left, so if the sides are fairly blocked, that could be why it's getting so hot...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)