722 uhf remote

airhead13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
can not get 722 # 2 uhf remote to work more than 50 ft.tried reprograming remote to another code ,tried new batteries,tried extending uhf antenna.still does not work well.this is a new black remote, may try older silver one 6.4.any ideas!

Where is your 722 located? IF it is not on the top shelf ABOVE all other electronics, you can suffer from loss of remote control on tv2. I had problems on my 722k remote on tv 2 till I re read the manual. I had my 722k on the bottom shelf on the far left of my tv cabinet. I moved it to the top far right shelf under the tv and now my remote control works fine on tv2 tuner in the bedroom about 40 ft away.

You can combine the tv2 out and ant. out into a splitter and then use the same splitter in the room you use the remote. On the second splitter use 1 side for the tv and one side for the antenna, for better reception. Also, do you have wireless router? Mine cut my signal strength down alot.

thanks for your reply guys,will some suggestions,also this was a new 722 just installed.

Some HD tvs can interfere with the TV2 UHF remote/antenna. I had to add a section of RG6 to the antenna port of my 722K and attach the antenna to the other end. Just moving the antenna a few feet away from the TV took care of my problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts