722 Upstairs issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rj321

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I had a 508 upstairs and when my EA antenna was installed it was no good. I have a 722 and a 612 downstairs where my HD tvs are located. I would like to put my 722 upstairs n use the SD with my SD tv and use the HD downstairs. How can I do this without having to run A HDMI cable to the downstairs? This would be impossible. Is there some kind of HDMI splitter I coul buy or any other device. Might not be possible. Thanks .

Leave the ViP722 downstairs and run coax to the SDTV upstairs or transmit the SD wirelessly. The UHF remote 2 will let the SD TV control the SD side independently, in dual mode.

The wiring is in the wall. It is impossible to run coax or HDMI cable. Thanks.

Then do it wirelessly. Besides, many of us run new wiring thru walls.

Leave the ViP722 downstairs and run coax to the SDTV upstairs or transmit the SD wirelessly. The UHF remote 2 will let the SD TV control the SD side independently, in dual mode.

There are HDMI splitters but even if you had one you would have to run the cable from the splitter through the walls. Navychop's suggestion of leaving the VIP receiver near the HDTV and transmitting the SD signal wirelessly is closest to what you want.

Thanks guys. I figured it out. I had a little Genie video transmitter from 10 years ago. It works on channel 14 on the antenna cable. I found it, hooked it up and now get a perfect picture upstairs.

Thanks guys. I figured it out. I had a little Genie video transmitter from 10 years ago. It works on channel 14 on the antenna cable. I found it, hooked it up and now get a perfect picture upstairs.
You have "antenna cable" coax in the wall? Why not use that coax to carry the TV2 and TV1 SD output from your DVR?

About three threads down there is a thread about combining OTA and DVR SD out. :rolleyes:

Mine is from Astrotel. I recommend looking at other brands, ones that might not be interfered with from wireless routers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)