722 USB Wifi

mrbluehead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I have a USB WIF adapter 802.11 b/g/n and when I plug it into my 722 I get the 850 message which says it's not supported. Any ideas?

I didn't, but that is bogus! Thanks for the tip. Will it work through a USB splitter, that way i can keep my external drive hooked up at the same time?

isaacmorseMI said:
Did you buy it from Dish? The only adapters that the receivers support are Dish's Wifi adapter.

Not 100% true. I bought my adapter from ebay. Same model number as the one dish sells, less than half the price.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

mrbluehead said:
I didn't, but that is bogus! Thanks for the tip. Will it work through a USB splitter, that way i can keep my external drive hooked up at the same time?

Not all wifi adapters r supported. I purchased same adapter dish sells from ebay for half of what dish sells it for and no shipping.
I am using a powered usb hub off the rear usb port for the wifi adapter and the usb cooling fan. EHD is plugged into front usb port.

Ross

I continue to get a DHCP failure error on my 722. I'm using the WiFi adapter I purchased from Dish. The problems just recently started to occur. Any suggestions?

dustinw82 said:
I continue to get a DHCP failure error on my 722. I'm using the WiFi adapter I purchased from Dish. The problems just recently started to occur. Any suggestions?

Reboot ur router. I am currently using an older router I usually need to reboot every couple of days. Had a Smoothwall Express set up that worked like a charm. Ran 24/7 with no problems until the hd went dead. Gathering what I need to rebuild can't wait.....

Ross

I have a D-link wireless bridge DAP-1522. I connect to my 722K then via an Ethernet cable. It has 4 connections so I also have my Blu-Ray player connected so I can stream You Tube, Hulu Plus ect. Works well for me, as I use my rear USB connection for the Sling Player and EHD connected via the powered USB hub.