722 w/OTA & Home Distribution on 1 Coax ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

firepuppy

Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
MS
I'd like to achieve the above using my 1 existing coax cable installed inside a (VERY hard to get to) wall. The installer said it should be possible using the triplexer that came with the 722 plus a couple of diplexers to bring the VHF antenna into the mix. My question is: should I put the diplexer BETWEEN the triplexer and the 722 OR between the triplexer and the wall plate ?? Or does it matter ?

Thanx for any responses...

I have never heard of a triplexer, one did not come with my 722k.

Dish dual tuner receivers come with a seperator so DPP lnbs can send signal to them on one wire. Using two diplexers you can back feed the RF output back into the coax and send it to a distant SDTV. after the signal is diplexed out you can use a common splitter in reverse to join the antenna input with our RF outout to the SDTV.

Triplexer goes on the back of the receiver. Plug the three lines into the Sat1 port, Sat2 port, and Home Distribution ports. The cables should be labeled and the triplexor says which Sat port is which.

Then, you put a diplexor anywhere in between the ground block and that wall plate (i.e. somewhere along the line which is most convienent to connect up the second TV coax). If you are wanting to add an OTA antenna in the mix, you will need to split the Home Distro (yellow) cable on the triplexor to go to both the home distribution output and the OTA antenna input (black connector).

On the diplexer side, you will see a In/Out port, Sat Port, and UHF/VHF port. The IN/OUT goes on the receiver side of the line, the Sat goes on the ground block side, and the TV2 coax goes on the UHF/VHF side (or the OTA antenna gets plugged in on this).

This page has some examples of how to hook up diplexer. Just think of a triplexer as a diplexer and a separator built into one piece.

How to Extend UHF / UHF Pro Remote Range

Triplexer goes on the back of the receiver. ...
Sorry, I don't understand your answer.

That said, if the OP is in Single Mode on his 722 and if his OTA antenna is connected to his 722, all he has to do is connect the modulated output coax out on his receiver to his home distribution coax.

If he is in Dual Mode, same answer but he'll need to change channels at the remote TVs so as to view TV1 to view his OTA channels.

If the OP really has a 722k the solution may be slightly different depending on Single or Dual mode.

I have never heard of a triplexer, one did not come with my 722k.

Dish dual tuner receivers come with a seperator so DPP lnbs can send signal to them on one wire. Using two diplexers you can back feed the RF output back into the coax and send it to a distant SDTV. after the signal is diplexed out you can use a common splitter in reverse to join the antenna input with our RF outout to the SDTV.

Need to move into the 21st century :) Triplexers replaced the separator in the new dual tuner boxes.. Triplexer is a separator with a built on diplexer..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts