722 with 500 antenna - programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goofy_american

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
MN
Greetings,

Due to a temporary snafu with satellite alignment and bad weather, I have a 722 receiver hooked up to an old 500 antenna (110/119).

I'm getting programming just fine and even the HD channels are showing up.

What am I missing?

I know they aren't in MPEG4 but they are still displaying fine.

Can someone please tell me what the difference is with the channel layup when receiving programming from a 500 antenna rather than a 1000.4 (other than the obvious Eastern Arc difference).

This is in the Mpls/St. Paul, MN area.

Thanks!

Also, a follow-up.

What would I need to do to be able to receive separate programming on the 722 receiver from the 500 antenna?

Do I run two coax cables from the 500 to the 722? The 722 came with a Dish Plus separator to run 1 coax line from the antenna to two lines into the receiver. Would this work with the 500 antenna?

Thanks!

Most of the HD will be gone

Also, a follow-up.

What would I need to do to be able to receive separate programming on the 722 receiver from the 500 antenna?

Do I run two coax cables from the 500 to the 722? The 722 came with a Dish Plus separator to run 1 coax line from the antenna to two lines into the receiver. Would this work with the 500 antenna?

Thanks!

Since you are no longer receiving 61.5 most of your HD isn't going to be there. In your HD sat locals will be gone as well. If the 500 is a DP then the seperator will still work but if it is a legacy then it will take 2 lines from the dish.

There are several different LNB configurations that will fit a Dish 500. To use the Separator you have to have the DishPro Plus Twin. If it's a regular DP Twin you need to either run 2 lines or add an external DPP switch. Legacy LNBs require 2 lines.

Minor correction; all HD is indeed MPEG4. Only SD is still MPEG2. There's a lot of HD on 110/119, but most locals are on 61.5 and/or 129. Depending on whether or not you have your locals, you may choose to put up a 129 or 61.5 wing dish, running either into that D500/DPP Twin's LNB input. You'd get more reliable signal that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)