722K and MT2 OTA Module issues

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I have a 722K with an "MT2 OTA Module" installed for my local Over The Air channels. About a week, or so ago Channels 2-01, 2-02, 4-01 and 5-01 lost signal, while the rest of the OTA channels displayed fine on both TV1 & TV2. To make sure I wasn't having any antenna aiming issues I connected the OTA cable to directly to my HDTV, and all my OTA displayed fine, so I ruled out any antenna miss alignment. Confident that I had a very good signal, I then went to my 722K and unscrewed the cable from the "MT2 OTA Module" and unplugged the receiver from the power source. After about a minute or so, I reconnected the OTA antenna cable to the "MT2 OTA Module" and powered up the receiver and all the OTA channels were all accounted for.

Now, last night, I lost signal on only channels, 2-01 & 2-02. I tried the same procedure as I did before a week ago, but the signal is still lost on Channels 2-01 & 2-02, while the rest of the OTA channel display fine on TV1 & TV2. The funny thing is this; when I connect to my receiver using (sling) my phone or computer, those 2 channels display fine on my phone or computer, but on TV1 or TV2 connected to the receiver an error message appears on the TV screen saying "Signal Lost" and no video is displayed. Any ideas how I can fix this or what the issue might be?

Did you go to your Local Channel setup in the menu to check if they were still programmed into memory?

Yep! They're all still there. I wouldn't have been receiving it via sling if it wasn't programmed.

UPDATE: As mysteriously as it Stopped, it is now working again. I didn't do anything different, but change the channels to Channel 2-01 & 2-02 from the channel that was being watched. Let's see how this will last.

Last edited:
UPDATE: As mysteriously as it Stopped, it is now working again. I didn't do anything different, but change the channels to Channel 2-01 & 2-02 from the channel that was being watched. Let's see how this will last.
TV station transmitter problem. Also the 4.01 & 5.01 may transmit from the same location and were having trouble that they were able to fix on the 1st night.

whatchel1 said:
TV station transmitter problem. Also the 4.01 & 5.01 may transmit from the same location and were having trouble that they were able to fix on the 1st night.

Not the case here. I was able to get those channels with the OTA cable connected directly to my HDTV set, but wasn't able to receive same channels when connected to the MT2 on the 722K.

That didn't work in the past either. Forgot to mention it earlier.
Then I wonder if something has changed in your area that is causing multipath in your area. Like a house close to you just had a new roof put on it. A metal one. I had one like that at a previous location that gave me all types of problems. Even though it says 2.01 & 02 what real channel do they broadcast on?

whatchel1 said:
Then I wonder if something has changed in your area that is causing multipath in your area. Like a house close to you just had a new roof put on it. A metal one. I had one like that at a previous location that gave me all types of problems. Even though it says 2.01 & 02 what real channel do they broadcast on?

As I said earlier in my OP, I was able to pickup those stations with my regular HDTV when the MT2 was indicating no signal for those stations.

As I said earlier in my OP, I was able to pickup those stations with my regular HDTV when the MT2 was indicating no signal for those stations.

Dish OTA receivers are very sensitive to multipath. Because your HDTV picked them up does not prove the Dish receiver will. On the Dish receiver is the signal strength steady or does it fluctuate. If it is not steady you have a multipath problem.

gdarwin said:
Dish OTA receivers are very sensitive to multipath. Because your HDTV picked them up does not prove the Dish receiver will. On the Dish receiver is the signal strength steady or does it fluctuate. If it is not steady you have a multipath problem.
Ok. The signals are 98% quality and steady. So the MT2 is defective in that aspect then? What is the solution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)