722k Audio Sink issue?

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
722k Audio Sync Issue?

Anyone know about audio/aka lip sync issues with a 722k? Could it be my stereo system and not the 722k? Would have posted this in the other thread but seems most of those folks are having issues with 622's and I didn't want to butt in with this.

Last edited:
This is a good question as I have a 722 as well it seems to have intermittent sync issues with audio. HDMI or stereo cable seems to make no difference.
Thanks for your response. At least from what you have related I gather it is not my stereo system.

My 722 has this issue, also, especially with StarzHD. Some other channels are affected also, but (recorded) StarzHD is by far the worst. Sometimes it helps to "skip back" twice and "skip forward" once (effectively skipping forward 10 sec.), but it's never really right.

Brad

On my 722k

I have this problem too. The longer the show being played back the more the sound will get ahead of the picture. Skipping forward/backward isn’t fixing it for me.

Audio sink? Like this one below? It plays music...:D

Attachments

• fun-flow-play-sink.jpg
    fun-flow-play-sink.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 88
You did not post how your cables are connected and what equipment is connected.

First thing to check is in SETUP is the correct TV type chosen. I assume you have an HDTV connected, so you would want to chose the HDTV.

Are either your AV Receiver or HDTV HDMI 1.3 capable? If so you could try to do the switching there. If your Receiver is HDMI 1.3 it almost certainly has a lip synch switch. If your TV is 1.3, then try running HDMI to the TV and digital audio from there to the Receiver. (My TV is 1.3 compatable, but does not pass through raw digital stream via Optical out. It downconverts the native digital signal to stereo. Something to keep in mind.)

The cabling that works best for my setup is HDMI to the TV and Optical to the Receiver. Then adjust lip synch with the Receiver. It did not take much adjustment and varies in precission from channel to channel.

Anyone know about audio/aka lip sync issues with a 722k? Could it be my stereo system and not the 722k? Would have posted this in the other thread but seems most of those folks are having issues with 622's and I didn't want to butt in with this.

I've noticed this the most on TNT during the NBA playoffs on my 722k. Iam connected to an audio receiver over an optical toslink cable. I'd put an email into dishquality@echostar.com to report it.

You did not post how your cables are connected and what equipment is connected.

First thing to check is in SETUP is the correct TV type chosen. I assume you have an HDTV connected, so you would want to chose the HDTV.

Are either your AV Receiver or HDTV HDMI 1.3 capable? If so you could try to do the switching there. If your Receiver is HDMI 1.3 it almost certainly has a lip synch switch. If your TV is 1.3, then try running HDMI to the TV and digital audio from there to the Receiver. (My TV is 1.3 compatable, but does not pass through raw digital stream via Optical out. It downconverts the native digital signal to stereo. Something to keep in mind.)

The cabling that works best for my setup is HDMI to the TV and Optical to the Receiver. Then adjust lip synch with the Receiver. It did not take much adjustment and varies in precission from channel to channel.
I have HDMI from the 722k directly to the tv. Still have synch issues even when listening from the tv audio but only from DVR programs.

DVR lip synch issues can often be corrected by stopping and resuming a playback. Also, heat can cause disruptions during playback. The 722 vents from right to left. Why is anybody's guess. What dolt would design a rack mount AV compenent generating high heat that does not vent from front to back??? My unit was in a rack with an external exhaust fan and often had to be reset. I have since changed its location to a free standing location and elevated it on tall bottle caps (1.75, wink, wink) vacilitating air flow under the unit. All playback issues have disappeared.

What is your signal strength, satellite and transponder #?

With Dish receivers, the sync issue is often times a problem with low signal quality.

Also a failing receiver can exhibit such behaviour.

Some televisions and some receivers have a sync adjustment.

The barely cliff-top signal of Dish HD requires careful attention to detail, including absolute peaked dish, grounding, proper terminations and approved cables, etc.

Cancelling Dish and equipment

What kind of external devices for the 722?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)