722k buffer

RickDee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 22, 2006
U.S.A.
I was under the impression the 722k had a buffer that would hold the past 60 minutes of a channel, but my doesn't seem to do that anymore and I thought it used to.

Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I need a new DVR?

If you hit pause, how long does it remain paused before it resumes live TV? It could be your hard drive if it's failing, but are you having other issues with recording, trick play, the guide? You can always try rebooting the box as well.

If I pause a program it will stay paused until I resume, but if I try to record a program "From the Beginning" (less that an hour since the start) it will not record from the beginning but I am almost positive that it used to. Last night I turned the DVR on to allow the program to run for a while, about 15 minutes. When I select Record it would not record "from the beginning" as the option was not able to be selected since it was grayed out.

This is from the manual: "
Record the Entire Event—The receiver stops recording at the end of the event. This
selection is available only if the receiver was turned on and tuned to the channel since
the beginning of the program." and it is grayed out on my DVR."

I was under the impression the 722k had a buffer that would hold the past 60 minutes of a channel, but my doesn't seem to do that anymore and I thought it used to.

Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I need a new DVR?

IIRC my 625 receiver had a 2 hr buffer. But no recent receiver has more than a 1hr buffer. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
That is the same thing that I do. I rewind until the video pauses with the show stopped at the beginning, then I select Record. That procedure usually works.
That's how I've always done it, and how the ViP receivers always worked. I prefer to have control over where I start recording from and not being at the mercy of the receiver deciding for me.

Reactions: joegr and TheKrell
Thanks for all the input. Everything is functioning as it is intended.

Apparently my wife had changed the channel when she finished a recorded show and I was wanting to record the show I saw at the time but it wouldn't work.

My wife is the fasted I have ever seen anyone flipping through channels. I have yet to figure out how she is cognitive of what is being displayed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)