722k dead

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blake616

Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
Indiana
Having serious issues with my VIP 722K. No signal when turning on this past Sunday morning. Then received a high temp warning (355). Held a fan in front of the receiver for about 4 min and it powered up and worked the remainder of the day.
I ordered an EHD on Monday morning to prepare to copy all my recordings. It is due to arrive today.
Tried to turn on the receiver this morning. Only had the green TV 1 light on. Pressed the red reset button, unplugged 4-5 times.. still no luck. I hear periodic spinning from inside the box...not sure if it's the hard drive or a fan?
I do have an appointment for Friday morning to have a Hopper 3 installed.
Looking for any ideas on how/if I could get this receive to power up one more time for a few hours to attempt to copy the recordings and document my timers?

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Having serious issues with my VIP 722K. No signal when turning on this past Sunday morning. Then received a high temp warning (355). Held a fan in front of the receiver for about 4 min and it powered up and worked the remainder of the day.
I ordered an EHD on Monday morning to prepare to copy all my recordings. It is due to arrive today.
Tried to turn on the receiver this morning. Only had the green TV 1 light on. Pressed the red reset button, unplugged 4-5 times.. still no luck. I hear periodic spinning from inside the box...not sure if it's the hard drive or a fan?
I do have an appointment for Friday morning to have a Hopper 3 installed.
Looking for any ideas on how/if I could get this receive to power up one more time for a few hours to attempt to copy the recordings and document my timers?

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
The HDD is probably totally non functional, sorry to say.

I have read on other posts within this forum that the 722K remotes will/can store timers? Is this true? If so is it possible to get access to my timers even though my receiver appears to be dead? Hoping for a small success here.

Ok thanks. Today was the first I ever heard about it. In the slim chance my receiver comes back to life, can advise what the process is??

I have no idea, but I will certainly check later today. I think my receiver may need to be powered up and connected. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)