722k Fan Lock-Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hey, quick question. I just got a replacement vip722k for my defective vip722. Every couple days the fan will come on (pretty loud fan) and it will not ever stop running on it's own. Almost like the fan gets locked up. The only way I can get it to stop running is to reset the dvr and it will be good for a day or two. The 722k is very cool to the touch, in a well ventilated area, and the high temp. is 110º. The fan will literally run for days, (even if the dvr is in sleep mode) unless I reset it. Does this sound like a defect? Anyone else have this? BTW, it's NOT the hard drive, I know the difference, you can feel the air coming out of the sides of the unit. I wouldn't sweat it but it's a replacement for one I owned.

I would get it replaced it should not do that. I bet is a refurbished one, correct? I went thru 3 refurbished units before I got one that did not have a problem. It is like dish does not throughly check them before they send them out. Refurb units are a roll of the dice.

I agree with s10zr2. I have a 722K and it does not do this. The one I received at install a few weeks ago had a similar problem the next day in that the fan was the only thing running. After soft / hard reboot it would never turn on (no lights, nothing except loud fan noise). The replacement was new also and hasn't had a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)