722k fan turns on 7am doesn't turn off ever

CrazyC

Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
CA
Installed a new 722k a week ago in my bedroom worked fine for two days then the past 3 days the unit fan will switch on around 7am and will not turn off unless you reset the box then it works fine until 7am the next morning when it switches on again. I've left it alone all day and once it turns on the fan will just continue to run for hours and hours even when you are not using the box or recording anything. I changed the software update time to 3pm to ensure that wasn't a contributing factor. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similiar issues if it might be a current software bug or if I should just replace the receiver?

There is nothing on top of the box it is standing free and clear. The odd thing is it always happens around the same time in the morning (7am) and once reset it doesn't have any problems until 7am the next morning. My room is kept very cool during all hours.

Auto Boot

What time is your box set to perform updates? Menu 8(preferences), 4 (updates). Default is usually 3AM. Dish now sets them to update EVERY night. Solved a lot of problems.

wierd. the box may have trouble in the future. i am really not sure if dish would replace it for this reason, though.

First thing I tell my customer when the tell me they want the DVR in the Bedroom is "Be prepared to listen to it". That being said, It sounds like yours has another problem..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts