722k IP Address

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
Why doesn't the 722k allow manually configured network settings? For some reason my 722k will lose its lease from my wireless bridge which results in me having to reboot the bridge to get network connectivity with the 722k. My other networked components do not have this problem wired to same bridge. I have tried to manually assign an IP address from the router but has not really made a difference. This is really annoying, especially when trying to remotely control the recordings.

The problem might be the wireless bridge rather than the 722k. I have been using a WRT54G flashed with DD-WRT firmware as a wireless bridge for over a year now with no problems at all. I used it with a 622, upgraded to a 722, and then when the hard drive died with a 722k. No problems at all.

We ran into problems with IP addresses because we shut things when we move. Sometimes the VIP722K would come slower than other devices and the DHCP IP address assignment would be in conflict. I solved the problem by reserving the IP address for the VIP722K to the 722Ks MAC address in the router. That way, no matter who comes up first, the VIP722K gets the address it remembers and all is happy..

I also have a WRT54GS with DD-WRT acting as a wireless bridge for one of my 722ks. I just assigned the 722k a static IP via DHCP.

WOW.... finally get to see who else is doing this.. :) Though in my case ... I use Buffalo 300n v2's .. 40 bucks at newegg .. and locked it into N-Only so that it would allow me to use the G on my main gateway with laptops ... I can stream 18+ megs a second on the N, and have laptops to the gateway wireless without slowdowns for either.. :)

The original reasons I did it, separate the networks, and to cut costs on dongles.. 25 for the 722k, 75 for my bluray (when it first came out) and never checked to see how much they wanted for the dongle to my AV Receiver.. at least 100 for three devices or 80 bucks (2 Buffalos) for five devices.

Only problem I ran into was having to setup the watchdog timer ... for some reason it didn't get set by default to keep the connection up.

I have switched out wireless bridges so we will see if it's a NIC problem with the receiver. Now to another problem I am having. When using the DRA app and "HD On" is selected half of my program guide is missing. I am using the android version of the app. Crazy I am having to go through all this just to be ready for the sling adapter purchase which I am now second guessing with all these problems. Makes me leery of its reliability.

Okay I have determined the problem to a fault ethernet port on 722k. I swapped bridges and within a day the same thing has happened. I guess I will have to do a receiver swap?

Just wondering if you were using a gig interface. I don't think the dish NICs like to autoneg with gig. Thats why I use a 10/100 in between.

Just a thought. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts