722K-L655 Software

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Must have come down last night. Kept freezing on channels today requiring a reboot over and over again. I finally thought to check software and I went from L652 to L655. I went through my usual check switch, download guide and after that did a reboot. All is well now, anyone know what the L655 improvements/bug fixes are?

It has messed up the audio sync on my sling. Only on the hd channels. Sd channels are fine. Got mine 2 days ago. I think it started rolling out several weeks ago.

It has messed up the audio sync on my sling. Only on the hd channels. Sd channels are fine. Got mine 2 days ago. I think it started rolling out several weeks ago.
I am on it as well with my two 722k's While watching a football game on ESPNHD last night the audio was out of sync and would become distorted. I had to rewind and ff to fix it many times throughout the entire game. I tried RCA, Composite, HDMI and Optical........:rant: Using the time delay on my stereo just made it worse. I wish they would develop software that could be used live on screen to adjust manually:eureka

I got it couple of days ago also. So far, all i've seen are improvements.

I used to have an audio pop thru my receiver when coming out of skips or ff and rw. That pop is gone now.

I also know they did something for the complaints about the remote not responding or causing multiple commands when you only pushed the button once. The reason I know that is I use a Harmony remote, and had to tweek the setting to get the 722k to respond to it. This problem didn't affect me before, but noticed the difference.

They also addressed the issue where OTA timers where acting funny for some. For example; after the DTV switch, 2 of my OTA channels would not let me set timers for "new" and "all" episodes. It would set the timer for the first occurance of the show, but nothing after that. Had to resort to using "once" or "weekly" timers on those 2 channels. Now they work as they should.

I still need to test to see if they fixed the issue where if you delete something from the EHD, it would freeze any HD streams that were recording during the delete.

They also fixed the font color issue on the first information screen that comes up. It's now back to white typeface which is easily readable after being kind of blue and difficult to read for some time now. This related to the episode number and date information and was also seen on the 622/722's.

I've had tons of freezing both on live TV and recorded shows. I contacted Tech Support and they were no help at all. They want to send a Service Tech out to the house. I told them that wouldn't do any good with an intermittent problem that I can't make happen on demand. Tech Support replied there was nothing they could do. I just fired off an e-mail to the CEO about it. We'll see what happens, now.

For a group that makes such good hardware, they sure can suck on the SW part. I had two SW updates in the last 3 weeks, and none of them have fixed the frozen recordings when deleting off the EHD.

Any my Sling also has out of sync audio.

I've had tons of freezing both on live TV and recorded shows. I contacted Tech Support and they were no help at all. They want to send a Service Tech out to the house. I told them that wouldn't do any good with an intermittent problem that I can't make happen on demand. Tech Support replied there was nothing they could do. I just fired off an e-mail to the CEO about it. We'll see what happens, now.
Calling tech support is useless. They read from a script...........

Calling tech support is useless. They read from a script...........

Yep. I called and he wanted to send out a new box. I told him the software would be the same and it would not solve the problem. He said," yea I guess you are right." LOL

Oh. It gets better.

I asked if he can relay the information to the engineers and he told me " not where I am at I can't ".

One of mine is freezing almost constantly and the other is working perfectly. Both upgraded to L655. I am tempted to pull my ATSC module out of the freezing one and see if it gets better.

Since L655, I have had the following issues:

The TV1 remote works well sometimes but other times, 1 press = 2 and sometimes nothing happens at all.

The day after I got L655, I bought and hooked up a Western Digital My Book 500gb EHD. I transferred programs over with no problem. But when I went to play one, it played fine, but the receiver would not respond to the remote or front panel buttons. I couldn't skip forward, backward or even stop. I had to do a red button reboot. When it came back, I tried to play a program again on the EHD, and buttons worked for about 2 minutes until it locked up again. I rebooted once more and tried it again and it then worked fine.

I went to Dish Home Ch 100 a couple of days ago and it will sometimes have the pillar bars flashing colors unless I have the gray bars up. And occasionally also the entire image is skewed down about an inch causing the crawl at the bottom of the screen to be below the bottom of the screen. The yellow frame that circles the individual channels however were positioned properly (skewed above the channels being selected). This has happened a few times.

I was browsing and then downloading a program off of Dish Online. When I went to exit by clicking "done" the 722k froze up completely and then rebooted on its own. When it came back up, I went to play a recorded program when it froze up again and rebooted as before. After that, it worked as it should.

That's true, but it doesn't seem like everyone with a 722k is having these freezing problems. There must be some difference in hardware.
Must be. I have had ZERO problems in the month I've had it. And I'm NOT a lightweight user.

no problem

No problem that I can find since I hard rebooted escept for the minor lip sync issue on HD. Was the sync set to HD or SD eliminated from the menus? I don't seem to find it any more.

My remotes work fine. My only issue is with the audio......Like Jeremy previously said there could be a difference in hardware or quality control in manufacturing.

I have the problem of non responsive remote #1 . I learned to go up to the receiver itself and push the select button and it usually will start responding again. Another thing I can do is hit the 0 button on the remote control itself and it will go through the back up sequence and the remote control will once again be configured for that tv. I personally like the remote as it will now control my a/v receiver , when the older remotes wouldn't. But sometimes I think I should just go back to using my older 722 remote controls. I know that I use the older 722 blue remote for my computer room and it never has a problem with controlling the receiver. As for unequal audio problems I just put all of my sound into pcm and let the A/v receiver reproduce 5.1 sound. This keeps me from having to jump on the sound everytime I change from dolby digital to pcm and vice a versa.

My 722k has been freezing up then rebooting while watching recorded programs. It's happened about 5 times in the last 2 days. I checked and I have L655. I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, and also tried doing a check switch. Still freezes up and reboots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts