722k Loosing Signal?

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Wondering if others have had it happen and it is indicative of anything. Just sitting here watching an HD sat channel and all of a sudden, up comes the message that signal has been lost. Says to check connections, check for obstructions and all that. I go and check the 622, and it has signal just fine. I then go check all the connections I can reach inside and outside the home. All good. Next step, unplug the receiver and wait 10 seconds (as instructed). Plugged it back in and after about 3 minutes it had acquired signal and was back to the channel I wanted.

Is this a common failure mode for the receiver? i.e. software glitches and makes it look like it lost signal?

Wondering if others have had it happen and it is indicative of anything. Just sitting here watching an HD sat channel and all of a sudden, up comes the message that signal has been lost. Says to check connections, check for obstructions and all that. I go and check the 622, and it has signal just fine. I then go check all the connections I can reach inside and outside the home. All good. Next step, unplug the receiver and wait 10 seconds (as instructed). Plugged it back in and after about 3 minutes it had acquired signal and was back to the channel I wanted.

Is this a common failure mode for the receiver? i.e. software glitches and makes it look like it lost signal?

If this is a reoccurring problem with your receiver then we will want to troubleshoot further. If it was a one time issue and the hard rest did fix it then it should not be an issue. If you are having a issue please Pm your account information and I will be happy to help. Thank you!

First time ever. We'll see if it comes up again. Just seemed odd that it would suddenly report no signal when in fact, the signal was likely fine and thus some other failure occurred and triggered the lost signal message.

thanks for checking in.

2nd time... was showing the no signal screen when I turned on the TV this morning. This time I went to the check switch screen and had it run through it's thing. All Green. Downloading the guide at the moment. next time it happens, I'll call it in as stuff like this will never wait till the right moment to happen.

Three times this week - Mon, tues, and thurs ( not home wed) at approximateky 12:30 PM I have had the same issue. My installation has a issue with rain fade but on these days rain was not an issue.

We are past the sun fade period aren't we?

Check to see that your OTA tuners are on a strong channel. Often if an ota channel is weak and dropping out you get this message even while watching satellite channels.

I have had this problem recently with my new 722k and as I recall with my old 622 but not with my 211 I believe I just change the channel and it goes away

It lost the signal again Friday at 12:30. Called DISH and they sent tech. He didn't know why I would lose signal at the same time everyday but said he thought he could improve rain fade issue. He found the screw holding the LNB to the arm missing and did some adjusting. Signal now stronger and should make rain fade better. Time will tell if the 12:30 issue has gone away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts