722k Observations

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I got a 722k to replace my failing 722. First off I noticed it's not as wide as the 722, could be an advantage to people with limited space. I was disappointed to find that they eliminated the s-video port, I use a 50' s-video cable to get my shows into my computer, it's noticeably better quality than composite video. The remote is different. That's about it. It's cool to have "the latest" box, but I wish they would've kept the s-video. Aside from that, does anyone know why on HD newscast everything is smaller, as far as the people's head size. Will this improve when everything is all digital. I miss seeing the news babes larger faces.

If you want to see larger faces I guess you could zoom in (the * key). Check out the sticky at the top of the dish forum page for loads of info on the 722k.

Yeah, I do that. I was just wondering why they format everything so small.

I I was disappointed to find that they eliminated the s-video port, I use a 50' s-video cable to get my shows into my computer, it's noticeably better quality than composite video. The remote is different. That's about it. It's cool to have "the latest" box, but I wish they would've kept the s-video. A.

You should be using component video, not composite.

Sorry to find out that they did away with the "S" video.:( I use that to record to DVD's. Much better quality than composite & component isn't an option.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts