722k OTA recording

Petey44

Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Chicago
Long time lurker. I'm finally an official member. Here's my question...I have a 722k DVR that I own. Currently, it's not activated but I am a Dish Net customer with another 722k leased. Is their any use for this other box? COuld I buy a OTA module and use the DVR feature without a connection to Dish? I'm thinking I should keep it for some reason, or is it useless for me?

If you own one then why are you leasing one. Do you need 2 units? If you have OTA module in the leased unit you probably had to pay for that ($30) already. You can not use the 2nd one w/o it being connected to E*.

Leased it because they offered it to me. I wanted to take advantage of the current promotions and I was not under contract. I need more remotes anyway so it was a win/win. Plus, I get 6 months on the warranty.

Quick, mostly off-topic, question. Is the OTA tuner just for the "k" model or will it work with the non-"k" 722?

I was hoping I could add the extra tuner module, to get 2 OTA recordings. I thought that the 722k had one built in and you could add the extra, for 4 total recordings (2 OTA, 2 Sat).

Not confusing it with the other. Just wanted to know if the 722 could add the extra OTA tuner like the 722k could. Seems it can't be done. Thanks all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)