722k recording ALL episodes, not NEW

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
We have a number of timers all set to record NEW episodes only but I'm getting quite a few timers recording ALL episodes instead. Shows like Pawn Stars, Storage Hunters, Wheeler Dealers, etc.

I'm aware that if either the episode # or the original air date are missing, the DVR plays it safe and records it. That's not the case with these. Some have speculated there's another flag that users can't see that also factors in.

Anyway, are others seeing this as well? Software version is L753.

It is a know bug, not sure when it should be fixed.

It could be fixed immediately, if Tribune would get their *hit together and properly title/info (whatever it's called) EVERY show in the guide, which is what they are getting paid for.

They don't and those particular shows are repeated like 15 times every day, so the dvr records them on a "just in case" basis because of that.

Man, this is bad... I just deleted more than a half-dozen OLD episodes from timers that are set to NEW.

Man, this is bad... I just deleted more than a half-dozen OLD episodes from timers that are set to NEW.

Hall, find out the particular day of the week those shows air as NEW, and change your recording for them to "Weekly". That will fix it, and is the best solution for now based on just how many times they air these particular ones every day.

You will have to set up multiple timers, in the cases where they air two episodes back to back.

I've changed my timers to that a long time ago, and it works great for me. If you don't, your drive will fill up if you've changed the default from 20 maximum recordings.

the root of the problem is the episode number. still a tribune issue, but that's the thing to look for. if the episode says 0x00 it will get recorded.

are you sure its a tribune issue? Directv also uses Tribune listings and my receiver hasnt recorded any Pawn Stars in a few weeks (the other titles listed I dont watch)

the root of the problem is the episode number. still a tribune issue, but that's the thing to look for. if the episode says 0x00 it will get recorded.
The episode numbers on the wrongly-recorded shows looks "normal". It's some random number that I presume is correct. It is NOT blank or something obviously wrong looking. Does "0x00" actually show up like that ?

I can add Swamp People, Gold Rush, and Hard Parts:South Bronx to the list....

My timer for Storage Wars shows all skipped "not a new episode" on my 722.

Are you using Dish Pass timers? All of my NEW ONLY timers are. Have you tried deleting and recreating the timers that are giving you problems?

I just switched to Dish from Direct a few days ago---and Tech support had been min useful. I've liked using Directv Season pass, so I thought that the DISH PASS is the same feature. I think it is, but no one (I talked to 3 different people) know anything at all about the Dish Pass. I have the DVR 722---Personally I think this is a pain to work with when you are recording a show and a kid wants to watch a show on the TV that is recording..ARRRR!!! So had to send the 6 year old to the basement to watch another channel..any suggestions?

I just switched to Dish from Direct a few days ago---and Tech support had been min useful. I've liked using Directv Season pass, so I thought that the DISH PASS is the same feature. I think it is, but no one (I talked to 3 different people) know anything at all about the Dish Pass. I have the DVR 722---Personally I think this is a pain to work with when you are recording a show and a kid wants to watch a show on the TV that is recording..ARRRR!!! So had to send the 6 year old to the basement to watch another channel..any suggestions?
If the basement TV is "TV2" from the 722, then set the Record Plus preference to TV2 (Menu-8-5). Then most of the recordings will occur on TV2 unless there are 2 recordings that overlap. You can still watch from TV1 the program that is recording on TV2 by just going into the DVR My Recordings while it is recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts