722K Recordings cut short

richeydog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
CA
Just this past week I've had two different dvr recordings that have ended early. The first time was on Monday, while playing back Jeopardy. After 10 minutes it stopped. The second time was Wednesday, while playing back American Idol. I only got to see about 10 minutes of out 2 hours before it stopped.

When I look at my recording history they both show that the "event was completed by user 1".

Both shows were recorded with the OTA Tuner, but on different networks. CBS and Fox.

This happened once before(about 3 months ago) with an OTA recording of Jeopardy.

Is this a bug or is something wrong with my hard drive? Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Been doing some reading about this and it seems like its been going on for several years, with no end in sight.

Is this specific to the 722k or does it happen on other DVR's?

This is a 722 bug that has been reported many times for many years, Dish has not tried to fix it and never will. It has nothing to do with the channel being SAT or OTA.. I've learned to live with by checking every recording by FF through them. And because some programs have minimal repeats I'll record the first repeat if it is shown later that night. PITA but I will not move to Hopper since I have 10 TV's .

I have a 722 and have not experienced recordings being cut off well before the program ends.

Reactions: KAB
How often do you guys power plug reboot? I do it at least once every two weeks. When in doubt "Reboot"!

Power plug reboot Sunday . Last night started to watch Dancing WT Stars @ 8:10 (recording from 7 to 9 ) . Jumped to LIVE TV after viewing 10 minutes. Let it continue to record (LOL) as I have an OTA DVR because of this PITA DISH BUG ! This morning checked recording info in MY Recordings and showed it to be 2 hours in length. When FFing thru it , actually ran JUST 10 minutes !!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts