722k Remote Only Moves My Samsung 6000 TV Set's Volume Control One Increment At A Time

drizler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Yea I bet I am out of luck with this one but I'll ask anyways. When I use the Dish remote to move the Samsung's volume control it only moves one increment per push of the button. It wouldn't seem like such a hassle but it seems there is quite a lot of movement along that span to make a distinguishable difference. I like to just have one remote to do everything and don't really worry about the extraneous stuff like DVD players but that volume control is a killer...............:confused:

Just try another Samsung code. There's one that repeats and one that doesn't.
You are right. I had the same problem with one of two Samsung plasmas. Just tried additional codes and found the "smooth" one.
FYI...went from 516 to 601.

This'll come in handy for my Mom's new Samsung. I had noticed the same thing but didn't think much of it. I tend to rapidly press the volume button anyway.

794 is the best code for Samsung, works on 95% of them and doesn't make you hit it over and over to go up or down.

Actually Dish Network's Next level tech support has additional codes for this issue. My Kenwood vr-309 receiver had the same issue no matter which 3 digit code I put in. Dish Network gave me a 4 digit code that solved my problem with the volume control.. This was a big issue for me since I use a optical cable. The VIP722 can't auto level sound when using a optical cable and when I switched from HD to SD it'd blow my ear drums out. I needed the quick volume control. I thought i'd go ahead and post this just in case someone is having the same issue with their receiver. Be sure and demand to talk to the higher level tech support.

ouch1234 said:
Actually Dish Network's Next level tech support has additional codes for this issue. My Kenwood vr-309 receiver had the same issue no matter which 3 digit code I put in. Dish Network gave me a 4 digit code that solved my problem with the volume control.. This was a big issue for me since I use a optical cable. The VIP722 can't auto level sound when using a optical cable and when I switched from HD to SD it'd blow my ear drums out. I needed the quick volume control. I thought i'd go ahead and post this just in case someone is having the same issue with their receiver. Be sure and demand to talk to the higher level tech support.

They have the same codes as everyone else. The code they gave you started with a "2" and then was just the 3 digit code you.could.have gotten from the book. The amps require you to add 2 in front of the 3 digit code in the book. So they're the same codes, they just helped you to do it right.

Also 738 is another good code for Samsung. 738 and 794 are the best 2.

They have the same codes as everyone else. The code they gave you started with a "2" and then was just the 3 digit code you.could.have gotten from the book. The amps require you to add 2 in front of the 3 digit code in the book. So they're the same codes, they just helped you to do it right.

Also 738 is another good code for Samsung. 738 and 794 are the best 2.
:cool: LMAO

Do these codes really mimic the full functionality of the Samsung remote? Widgets, tools, menu, etc? Or just the basics? I manually programmed my 21.0 remote to fully control my Samsung 6400 but the only drawback is the volume needing to be pressed each increment like in the OP.

Use 738. Always fixes this. If all else fails, use the 'teach' method from your Samsung remote into the Dish remote. I tell 9 out of 10 users to use their Dish remote strictly for power and volume but more slightly advanced users might appreciate 'recording' addition functions into their Dish remote.

for 21.0s and above, Hold "TV" until the top buttons blink, hold "record" until "TV" goes solid. On a table, place your TV remote so it points its IR signal into the tiny square window on the left side of the Dish remote. Press a button on your TV remote that would like to program into the Dish remote. Press the corresponding button on your Dish remote. "TV" will blink once (sometimes take a second) if the code was accepted. Will blink 3 times or not all if not accepted.

I use this technique for sound bars and other harder to program devices often. It's also good to play a prank on your friends, because you could program volume up and down backwards, or mix up numbers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)