722K remote stops working after stopping a recording.

JCarais

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Earth
Hi,

We have two 722K's with software version L667 and both of them don't respond to the remote controls after you stop a recording. The channel number buttons don't work and neither does the rewind/pause/fast forward functions. Once you hit the cancel button the remote seems to work again, but I don't understand why this is happening. It wasn't like this before. Does anyone know when they might get to fixing this problem? Thanks.

Bump.

I posted this thread a few months ago and there have been software updates since then (I'm on L669 now) and this bug/problem has yet to be fixed. Stopping a recording with a double tap on the stop button renders the remote buttons dead until you press guide, cancel, or live tv. Very annoying!!! Doesn't this bother anyone else? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Bump.

I posted this thread a few months ago and there have been software updates since then (I'm on L669 now) and this bug/problem has yet to be fixed. Stopping a recording with a double tap on the stop button renders the remote buttons dead until you press guide, cancel, or live tv. Very annoying!!! Doesn't this bother anyone else? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
My 722k does not exhibit this problem. I'd suggest that you call Dish.

My 722k does not exhibit this problem. I'd suggest that you call Dish.

I have called Dish, they're clueless. They tell you to reboot the box no matter what the problem is.

We have two 722k's and they both do what I'm describing so maybe you are not doing the same thing I am? If you start recording a program, then stop it by pressing the stop button twice, the program stops recording and then none of the remote buttons work except for "guide," "cancel," or "live tv." After you've pressed "guide," "cancel," or "live tv," then the all of the remote buttons start working again.

It's not a huge deal, just an annoyance that was introduced months ago for no reason, and then never corrected. I think maybe most people press stop once, and then move to the left and select "yes" to stop their recording. If you stop the recording that way then it doesn't do the thing I'm complaining about. But I never did it that way because it adds a third button press and requires three buttons instead of just the one that you use to double tap the stop button.

We have two 722k's and they both do what I'm describing so maybe you are not doing the same thing I am? ...
Doh. I repeated your scenario and as I said, "My 722k does not exhibit this problem. I'd suggest that you call Dish."

You can continue what you started here in September without a solution or call Dish - your choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts