722K Screen Shots and Initial Setup Thoughts

Did you order the OTA module plus the 722k? Just curious, at least if our orders are mixed up we will get the same thing... LOL
keep in touch..they said it takes the RA team 24-48 hrs...So I will call back tomorrow..yes, if you talk to different CSRs the story can change.
I am really miffed about no email replies..I was very cordial too..maybe that's the problem.

Yes I ordered both the 722k and the OTA module. If I don't get the right receiver and the OTA module this time, I will just cancel the order. It shouldn't be this hard! I hope you get some answers soon. I'll let you know if I ever get mine.

In the never ending tale, learned from the CSR today that the receivers are backlogged. That's why no delivery. Maybe bigcarr lucked out and got his now.
Anyway, going on vacation for 10 days next week, asked the CSR to delay shipment if they are ready while I am gone. He said the best he could do was have his supervisor send an email to the 'resolution department' to delay shipment until the 8th of April, or later. But he could not guarantee it.
So I will have my neighbor look out for any package on my porch, just in case. And hope if it arrives next week Dish does not start charging my account because I did not return the 622 in a timely manner...I am documenting everything!

The remarks about re-inserting the OTA tuner having fixed things is interesting. Keep in mind that in the instruction manual for the OTA module it says to download the latest software first, then insert the OTA module. In other words, don't insert the module, then connect your STB for the first time.

I downloaded the software for my 222K first, then disconnected the unit and installed the OTA module and so far so good. I hope the OTA glitches for the 722K are fixed. Good luck.

Hi, I'm new here and a new customer to Dish Network. I just got the box installed Wednesday and had no idea there was a 722 & a 722K. I have no idea what the difference is between these 2 boxes. Can someone explain in simple terms of what the difference is? I don't even know how to tell which one the tech installed. How do I tell?

You can tell by looking at the front. It will give the model number. The main difference is that the 722 has a built in single OTA tuner. The 722k has no built in OTA tuner but has an additional module that can be inserted in the back to allow for 2 OTA tuners.

Another promise broken...no 722k today. It's going on 3 weeks now, I might as well wait for the 922. I wish they would just tell me whats going on.

My OTA module was installed about 30 mins after the receiver was hooked up and setup by the installer. The module was then plugged in, receiver turned back on and scanned for channels to verify it worked and the installer left.

Took the module ot as suggested as a fix to some problems I was having, (back a couple pages in this thread) and all has been working fine since. Have yet to get any error popup when watching any recorded show since.

Another promise broken...no 722k today. It's going on 3 weeks now, I might as well wait for the 922. I wish they would just tell me whats going on.

It's inventory. I finally got a response from my 4 emails.

"Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

Unfortunately, the ViP722K receivers are on back order at this time. We do not have a definite timeframe of when they will be in stock and available to ship to our customers. As soon as the equipment is back in stock it will be shipped out. We thank you for your patience in this matter and DISH Network appreciates your business.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions
."

Is there a trick to getting older UHF Pro remotes to work with the 722k? I picked up a couple (UHF Pro 8.0) on Ebay and cant seem to get them to work with mine. I've set them to the same channel as the UHF remote that came with the receiver but no luck getting them to do anything.

My OTA module was installed about 30 mins after the receiver was hooked up and setup by the installer. The module was then plugged in, receiver turned back on and scanned for channels to verify it worked and the installer left.

Took the module ot as suggested as a fix to some problems I was having, (back a couple pages in this thread) and all has been working fine since. Have yet to get any error popup when watching any recorded show since.
How do I get a OTA module for free?

Is there a trick to getting older UHF Pro remotes to work with the 722k? I picked up a couple (UHF Pro 8.0) on Ebay and cant seem to get them to work with mine. I've set them to the same channel as the UHF remote that came with the receiver but no luck getting them to do anything.

The 8.0 UHF Pro remote will ONLY work for TV2 and only if you are using an "odd" numbered address as the 8.0 remote is band "A" only.

The 8.0 UHF Pro remote will ONLY work for TV2 and only if you are using an "odd" numbered address as the 8.0 remote is band "A" only.

THANK YOU!!!!!! That worked!!!!!! Had them on address 8, moved them all to 7 and its good to go. I only wanted them for TV2 so thats great.

I AM NEW HERE. WHAT A GREAT WEB SITE! Just had Dish installed last thursday. Was promised Comcast Chicago 429 but could not receive it until today. Was on phone 2 hrs Sunday to no avail. They said I must pay extra $6.00 a month. Today my local tech got them to give me what ai was promised. I have the new 722k.

Hey all - I just got the dish a couple weeks ago. Got the 722k. I ended up having a bad box from the get-go, but it was a pain (and some $$) to find this out. I have read a few of my symptoms and thought I would pass them on.

1) Remote 1 wanted me to enter setup wizard almost on a daily basis;

2) My TV started to shut off <30 minutes, stay off for 10-15 seconds and turn back on again -> repeat

3) TV 2 always wanted to keep turning on (on the receiver, not the physical TV itself)

New box = all of my problems have went away. Just in case anyone sees this again. BTW - the TV turning on and off was wierd. I thought I for sure was going to have to buy a new TV, but I figured out it was the HDMI output from the box pushing too much signal to the TV, thus causing it to breaker itself and reset. Component worked just fine (which is how the troubleshooting that led to the faulty HDMI began)

**off subject a little** - I'm looking to buy a wireless device to connect my 722k to my network. Anyone here have any personal suggestions? Dunno if I should be looking at a wireless bridge, or just bridging another wireless router into my network

Hi, I'm new here and a new customer to Dish Network. I just got the box installed Wednesday and had no idea there was a 722 & a 722K. I have no idea what the difference is between these 2 boxes. Can someone explain in simple terms of what the difference is? I don't even know how to tell which one the tech installed. How do I tell?

Lake explained the difference between the OTA (over-the-air) tuners.

Also, the 722k has nice black remotes (instead of the grey remotes with the cartoonish neon TV indicators at the bottom). These remotes are supposedly way more compatable with other components, although i have no proof of this

722k also has a setup wizard. Cool idea (I had a 722 for a couple days while they replaced my 722k but brought the wrong box). The setup wizard allows you to backup all of your DVR timers to the remote. So if/when you get a new receiver, you dont have to reprogram them all again.

Hey all - I just got the dish a couple weeks ago. Got the 722k. I ended up having a bad box from the get-go, but it was a pain (and some $$) to find this out. I have read a few of my symptoms and thought I would pass them on.

1) Remote 1 wanted me to enter setup wizard almost on a daily basis;

2) My TV started to shut off <30 minutes, stay off for 10-15 seconds and turn back on again -> repeat

3) TV 2 always wanted to keep turning on (on the receiver, not the physical TV itself)

New box = all of my problems have went away. Just in case anyone sees this again. BTW - the TV turning on and off was wierd. I thought I for sure was going to have to buy a new TV, but I figured out it was the HDMI output from the box pushing too much signal to the TV, thus causing it to breaker itself and reset. Component worked just fine (which is how the troubleshooting that led to the faulty HDMI began)

**off subject a little** - I'm looking to buy a wireless device to connect my 722k to my network. Anyone here have any personal suggestions? Dunno if I should be looking at a wireless bridge, or just bridging another wireless router into my network

I have a pair of WRT54G with DD-WRT. 1 as a wifi router and another as a bridge. No phone or ethernet line ran to where the receiver is.

I use a D-Link Wireless N bridge...DAP 1555. I have 4 different components plugged into it. Display, 622, Pan BD player, and a Netflix/Roku streamer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)