722K sound freeze/picture freeze

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I had a strange experience Wednesday evening, April 25th, about 8:00 P.M. PDT. I live in Anaheim, CA. While watching a recorded program on my dvr, I first got an audio interruption, starting with a series of sharp, "electronic" beeps, then the picture froze, and the voice part of the program began to stutter, and repeat over itself, while sounding like something coming through a synthesizer. I tried backing up and repeating, but no luck. I also tried live TV, with the same effect. I also noted that the receiver was very sluggish in responding to commands from my remote. I have a 722K in the living room, which is where the problem was (I also have a second 722K in another room, which was working fine on DVR and live programming at the same time). I did disconnect the power from the subject receiver and restarted it, but no effect on the problem. This morning, I was going to contact DISH by phone, so I checked the status, it is running perfectly, both with the same recorded program I had the problem with, and live TV. There were thunderstorms in the general area, but I assume that would have affected the other 722K as well. Does this sound like something that might be affected by solar activity? Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

DISH agreed with you. After thinking it was okay tonight, it started doing its "thing" again. Called DISH, ended with advance tech support. CSR said due to the pixelation it was doing, must be a hard drive, so they are sending a replacement. I have had hard drives go bad before, but not in this manner. Oh well........... At least I had transferred all my unwatched recordings to my EHD, thanks to advice of the tribal elders on the board in other posts:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)