722k stopping recording on TV2 only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

netherlandj

Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
las vegas
Yesterday I listed a problem: Got dish 4 months ago, first 3 months okay, then this month whenever I tried to a) check the guide; b) check recordings; or c) playback anything on TV2 it would freeze up and reboot. The programs have been broken up into as many as 3- parts, meaning it would shut down several times in a two hour period. Yesterday their tech put a new eye in the dish, reran the wires, and gave me a new receiver. Same problem. The only time this doesn't happen is when I have TV1 on (which doesn't make any sense). So far, Dish has given me 4 new receivers, telling me that they all have "bad hard drives". All brand new, in the box. Bad hard drives. So they are sending me another one. I used "preferences" to change primary recording to TV1 instead of 2. So this morning, programs on TV1 had been stopped - satellite shut down and rebooting - and TV2 okay. So I reversed them back, and have to leave TV1 on all the time in order for anything to record overnight. Why should that have anything to do with getting anything to record? It doesn't make any sense, any more than 4 receivers with 4 bad hard drives. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The only answers I get are the 'bad hard drive' ones.

It has something to do with the new updates they sent down recently. Ever since my 722 receiver was updated with the new DVR menu look, mine has done exactly what yours is doing. There is some bug in the update apparently.

It has something to do with the new updates they sent down recently. Ever since my 722 receiver was updated with the new DVR menu look, mine has done exactly what yours is doing. There is some bug in the update apparently.
The OP has a 722k. I have a 722k with the update. I had no problem before the update, and I have no problem now.

How does a receiver even know if a TV is actually turned on?

The fact that four receiver replacements have not solved the problem suggest to me that it is not the receiver but rather a wiring or cabling issue. :confused:

The OP has a 722k. I have a 722k with the update. I had no problem before the update, and I have no problem now.

How does a receiver even know if a TV is actually turned on?

The fact that four receiver replacements have not solved the problem suggest to me that it is not the receiver but rather a wiring or cabling issue. :confused:

All I'm stating is my 722k has this exact same problem since this stupid update. I actually like the new menu but if this problem does not get resolved, they can shove their updates! If my TV1 is off and I go up stairs and turn on TV2, 9 out of 10 times within 5 minutes it will freeze for about 2 minutes then reboot itself. The whole freaking process takes about 5-7 minutes which is super frustrating when trying to catch the news before bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)