722K suddenly jumps to "Live TV"

PeggyD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
SE King County, WA
This only happens on shows that are still recording. I record the local evening news & start viewing it about 20-30 minutes after the recording starts by selecting "start over" from the DVR menu. There is no pattern to when it will suddenly jump to live TV, but today it was less than 10 minutes into the playback. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

I have seen it happen, but usually only when you are less than 10-20 seconds behind "live". I just make sure I'm at least 30 seconds behind and it never happens to me then.

Your internal drive may need to be reformatted, but consider it's going bad and this may or may not really help. I'll give you the commands to do so, BUT, you'll lose all your recordings and your timers. So, you need to transfer the recordings to an external drive (or watch them all) and back up your timers.

1: To access Memory Dump Screen (press these keys quickly in turn):

(MENU-6-3) (INFO-BROWSE-THEME)

2: Format HDD:
You should be at the Memory Dump screen FIRST (see above).

Press Play, Play, Recall

You will lose all recordings and timers!

Reactions: 3HaloODST
I did find some instructions I had saved to find out the health of the hard drive & it seems good. I have reformatted the hard drive so we shall see if that works.

I did back up the receiver settings to my remote but can't seem to restore the timers. Oh well, it's a good excuse to clean out my timer list.

The 722k still does that ? You can probably get that to happen if you rewind a short amount (less than 60 seconds). It might not happen every time, but that will often seem to trigger this bug.

The 722k still does that ? You can probably get that to happen if you rewind a short amount (less than 60 seconds). It might not happen every time, but that will often seem to trigger this bug.

No, no rewinding was involved. It would just suddenly jump to live TV.

So far, so good since reformatting the hard drive. It probably was just a corrupt file system.

No, no rewinding was involved. It would just suddenly jump to live TV.
Didn't mean to suggest that rewinding was the cause, it's just that that was what seemed to trigger it most for us. We probably saw it at other times but those were unpredictable.