722k vs 211k reciever

Both model 211 receivers have an ethernet port and USB port so if Internet access is not available with an ethernet cable, a WiFi adapter is needed. The 211z doesn't only require the dongle for Internet access. Thanks.

I think that the 211k would be the better deal as it wouldn't need the $30 dongle, which would make the 211z in the end cost $20 more.

Also, the $40 one time DVR fee for the 211 is per account. I have two 211k receivers with EHDs and only had to pay the $40 once.

Both model 211 receivers have an ethernet port and USB port so if Internet access is not available with an ethernet cable, a WiFi adapter is needed. The 211z doesn't only require the dongle for Internet access. Thanks.

Oh, whoops, meant for OTA access. Anyway, I thought that the 211 wasn't compatible with the WiFi adapter yet?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

If you decide to go with a 211 and convert it into a DVR, remember to amortize the cost of the hardrive. On one of my 211s I am still using the original drive I purchased. On my other 211 I am on my third hard drive. One drive was replaced under warranty the other replacement I had to buy at retail so over thirty six months I spent $85 on drives for one receiver and $170 for the second.

I've been using hand-me-downs from my computers (I'm often buying larger external HDs for backups), so it's been a heck of a deal for me -- and I'm (knock on wood) still on my first of the potential hand me downs.

It does scare me how much the HD spins, though; seems it's trying to burn up the HD sometimes. I've also noticed some issues with the 211k taping while watching, particularly when the HD is closer to full. Taping two channels at the same time (one Dish one OTA) and watching is also often very bad news.

Still a heck of a deal though. And yes, I realize I'm showing my age saying "taping" instead of "recording". ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts