722k w/ Sling Adaptor, Error 2, can't connect to live TV via Dish Remote Access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Did you find the log file for the Web Sling Player? WebSlingPlayer.txt

does it show any failures? does it give you the IP and Port information that its trying to use for your connection? Thinking maybe matching up the info its logging to make sure its going to the right device, with the right information... rather than it looking for the old receiver or anything like that..

Did you find the log file for the Web Sling Player? WebSlingPlayer.txt

does it show any failures? does it give you the IP and Port information that its trying to use for your connection? Thinking maybe matching up the info its logging to make sure its going to the right device, with the right information... rather than it looking for the old receiver or anything like that..
I found the log file but it's pretty dense, so I can't look at it tonight. But in case you have time ;) I've attached View attachment sling_log-sample.txt a copy of the last log record that was generated on a failed DRA attempt. I searched on "error" and there are a few instances. But as I said, I don't have time to look into it tonight.

Well, I found something that said "Plug_In Error 2".. Might be related... Especially since it was after the "update" that you noticed the issue.

Reading through it and noticed some things going on here. Seems that there is a handshake not happening at crucial points. Could very well be the plug-in, but it works on other accounts (IDEA!) so I still think we are isolating to the router at this point, and the ports that Sling connects to when accessed via PC. Just so we can negate the issue, I PM'd you my account to see if you could access it from your computer. That eliminates your setup EXCEPT the ports from the SlingAdapter outbound.

Last edited:
I found the log file but it's pretty dense, so I can't look at it tonight. But in case you have time ;) I've attached View attachment 63280 a copy of the last log record that was generated on a failed DRA attempt. I searched on "error" and there are a few instances. But as I said, I don't have time to look into it tonight.
hate to ask, but can you redo the attempt to get a video to play, but do it with only Internet Explorer. The difference between IE & Firefox's attempts in the log file are pretty surprising ... a lot of the XML stuff isn't there with IE (suspect its due to the IE plugin being activex).

Also double check that UPnP is enabled in the router (in my case I have two sling adapters, and two ports are being forwarded, 5101 & 5102 - one pointed at each of my 722k's which have slingadapters connected) if your router lists the current setup ... try to ID if those are correct .. that they at least point a port at your 722k ... and is your 722k set for static ip, dhcp ip, and if DHCP did you manually set your router to reserve an IP for the 722k? (I'd recommend doing so, it would be one less thing to "change" when you're attempting to stream and from your log file snippet, it would seem the IP's are pretty close .2 .4 and if anything else enters the network when the 722k isn't checking, perhaps its ip is getting moved too frequently and sling.com doesn't like?)

things I'm thinking of and some additional info.. going back over both the posts here and at dishsupport ...
  • sometimes you were able to connect but then close and re-open ant you're not
    • this could be something with port forwarding ... where your firewall/router isn't keeping a port mapped for the "sling" side of the 722k
  • in the other thread you'd noticed the problem also coincided with a microsoft update
    • you were correct, it was a red herring,

the update in question KB2524375 is about the issuance of digital certificates (think SSL) from Comodo that were fraudulent (hacker/cracker/etc) and the reason why it said it would effect firefox (and potentially the sling plugin) was because one of the certificates that was fraudulently issued was for addons.mozilla.org ... article here at MS for it: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/2524375.mspx
and just for curiousity... can you go to menu - 6 - 1 - 3 ... do next till you get to the firmware version of the Sling Adapter ... there's another issue talking about firmware being a problem (that users' case, the slingadepter itself isn't getting beyond the "booting" stage)

THANKS!!

Last edited:
hate to ask, but can you redo the attempt to get a video to play, but do it with only Internet Explorer. The difference between IE & Firefox's attempts in the log file are pretty surprising ... a lot of the XML stuff isn't there with IE (suspect its due to the IE plugin being activex).
attached View attachment sling_log-sample_ie.txt

Also double check that UPnP is enabled in the router
yep, enabled
(in my case I have two sling adapters, and two ports are being forwarded, 5101 & 5102
only 5101 is listed
try to ID if those are correct .. that they at least point a port at your 722k ... and is your 722k set for static ip, dhcp ip, and if DHCP did you manually set your router to reserve an IP for the 722k?
i need to look into how to do this...

and just for curiousity... can you go to menu - 6 - 1 - 3 ... do next till you get to the firmware version of the Sling Adapter ...
listed as Sling Adapter Version (not specifically "firmware"): AAAYCAAL

BTW, thanks again for all your effort!

And some new level of screwy is going on. I just tried the Connectivity Test Tool (linked on page 1 of this discussion) via Firefox 4 and the test says it can't test my connection because I'm not on a supported browser... yet FF4 is allegedly supported: "Firefox3.5 or above." The connection test works in IE8.

Edit: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FF4 but got the same result.

Sheesh. I'm turning in for the night.

And some new level of screwy is going on. I just tried the Connectivity Test Tool (linked on page 1 of this discussion) via Firefox 4 and the test says it can't test my connection because I'm not on a supported browser... yet FF4 is allegedly supported: "Firefox3.5 or above." The connection test works in IE8.

Edit: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FF4 but got the same result.

Sheesh. I'm turning in for the night.
I'd be worried that FF may be suffering from the problem from the Beta .. that it wasn't unpacking the files for the player until needed. (the supposed fix was to reinstall 3.6.x of FF, then install the plugins <adobe flash & slingplayer> then upgrade to FireFox 4)

Beyond that.. I noticed that you're not running the .117 version of the player in IE .. not that it would fix the issue, but you never know...
http://plugin.slingbox.com/downloads/msi/1.4.0.117/WBSP_IE_Setup.exe

Now as to the lastest log file.. I'm pretty sure the following lines are where the real error occurs.
Code:
00:00:04.737  00000C38  SBREQST : CSBMessageRequest BORN - 0AF41CF0
00:00:04.737  00000C38  SBDEVICE: --[SLING_MSG_SESSION_OPEN_SB]: usSessionId: 0  uiMsgCookie: 1  uibfLength: 200 uibfCtl : 2
00:00:34.740  00000C38  SBREQST : REQ_MESSAGE TIMEOUT : msg_type : 103 
00:00:34.740  00000C38  SBDEVICE: Error occured for connectiontype: TCP, Error:0x92340011
00:00:34.750  00000C38          : slingbox_offline_hint : 0
00:00:34.750  000002B8  SPIMPL  : CSlingPlayerImpl::OnDeviceNotification : code : 33
00:00:34.750  00000C38  SBDEVICE: ### CSBDevice::SignalClose: LAN - box  : ; ip : ; port: 0; finder: [26363D3C3229223A3C2C3D3728333D1E] 
00:00:34.780  000002B8  SBSERVIC: Device connect request completed...
00:00:34.780  000002B8  SBSERVIC: Request failed with Error Code: 92340011, (null)
00:00:34.780  000002B8  SBSERVIC: Service 6 failed with error 0x92340011
00:00:34.780  000002B8          : slingbox_offline_hint : 0
00:00:34.780  000002B8          : slingbox_offline_hint : 0
00:00:34.780  000002B8  SPIMPL  : ANALYTICS: Analytics_HandledeviceOpenComplete
00:00:34.780  000002B8          : CSlingLogNetFormatter::GetDisconnectionLogData : Invaild xml data.
00:00:34.780  000002B8  SPIMPL  : Box is online
00:00:34.780  000002B8          : CConnModeStatistics: 15ed90408X
00:00:34.780  000002B8  Firmware: CFirmwareInformation: 15ed4d408X
Notice the REQ_MESSAGE TIMEOUT ... it occured at 34.740 seconds in..... this is 30 seconds (the default TCP timeout) after an SBREQST or "SlingBox Request" at 4 seconds in...
04.737 00000C38 SBREQST : CSBMessageRequest BORN - 0AF41CF0

so it would seem a request went out .... but did not get answered.. once that happened the Error Code 92340011 was generated
Code:
[URL]http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Slingplayer_Error_Codes[/URL]
 ([URL="http://slingbox.wikia.com/index.php?title=0x92340011&action=edit&redlink=1"][COLOR=#cc2200]0x92340011[/COLOR][/URL]) The operation failed because it was taking too long to finish.
and all subsequent errors are based off the same thing.. timeouts/unknown, etc..

I think the next thing I'd do, is setup the static DHCP entry for the 722k. Let me know what router it is and I'll see if I can find specifics. When I setup static DHCP entries I like to start from the top down ... getting the non-changing boxes (routers, switches, printers, receivers, etc) high up in the network, away from the normal PC range ... I usually start at 250 or 249, so like in my case the 722k is set to receive a lease for 192.168.1.247, I've other devices above that IP.

Once the IP is set and confirmed seen on the 722k ... I'd add an entry to the firewall (on the computer not the router/firewall) making all traffic trusted from the 722k's ip address. this bypasses the firewall in most respects, and if that clears up the problem, then that's probably been the trouble all along.

If not .. then we're back to looking for any logged messages (pc's firewall / windows event viewer, etc) looking for anything "dropped" or blocked.
(nappies for me now too-see ya)

I'd be worried that FF may be suffering from the problem from the Beta .. that it wasn't unpacking the files for the player until needed. (the supposed fix was to reinstall 3.6.x of FF, then install the plugins <adobe flash & slingplayer> then upgrade to FireFox 4)

Hey guys. I haven't had much time to look into this recently, but this issue still persists (...though I continue to be able to watch remotely via the Dish Android app - go figure). Anyway, I know there are a few items I haven't yet addressed in this thread, but for starters, I installed FF as suggested here, but still no luck.

What do you mean by that? That doesn't sound familiar. I've rebooted everything, but it sounds like you're talking about something else, so I'd say no, we've haven't tried resetting the account.
You'll need to PM TonyT (click on TonyT's name in one of the above messages, and select PM to make getting his account easier) ... he'll need phone or account number and with that he'll work the magic behind the dish remote access curtain, that resets your account info on the dishXX.sling.com servers. It seems that some things just don't clear on their own ... and the hope is that by clearing the account data on those servers.. when you manually log in, then select logout, and log back in again .. things will recreate and be working.

There's a bit of behind the scenes stuff.. when you log in at dishnetwork.com ... and then try to do Dish Remote Access ... there's authentication info sent from dish to sling ... activation of the sling adapter (inbound sling to you) and then a communication channel opened from the sling adapter (or a slingbox) to your device (computer, phone, etc).

When you're behind the same network.. ie.. at home, one firewall/router ... same ip address subnet ... the data channel is between you and the sling adapter ... when you're outside of your home network ... the data may go to a sling server or may again be from where ever and what ever you are connecting with, to the sling at your home..

that "outside the home" is something I've not done enough testing or actually monitoring on..

Hey Tony,

Your mailbox was full, so I'm posting this here.

Needless to say, I haven't been around much. Nothing new to report on my end, but last we talked you said you were going to forward my issue to your supervisor. Does that person have any new ideas to try?

Actually, the only eventful thing is that one of my laptops is essentially dead, so I expect to replace it soon.... and I'll be curious to see whether a brand new machine that exceeds the recommended DRA requirements (as opposed to the minimum specs) will have the same DRA access issues... though I suspect it will.

Also, about something unrelated, are aware of any issues with viewing DRA programming via the Android Dish app while on the 3G network? (FWIW, I have an Incredible.) I never had any issues until a couple weeks ago, but now it seems I can't view programming via 3G, only via a wireless network. Just curious. (Frankly, with all the DRA/Sling issues I've had, I'm starting to feel like this 722 Sling Adaptor was essentially a scam.)

Cheers,
Geoff

Hey Tony,

Your mailbox was full, so I'm posting this here.

Needless to say, I haven't been around much. Nothing new to report on my end, but last we talked you said you were going to forward my issue to your supervisor. Does that person have any new ideas to try?

Actually, the only eventful thing is that one of my laptops is essentially dead, so I expect to replace it soon.... and I'll be curious to see whether a brand new machine that exceeds the recommended DRA requirements (as opposed to the minimum specs) will have the same DRA access issues... though I suspect it will.

Also, about something unrelated, are aware of any issues with viewing DRA programming via the Android Dish app while on the 3G network? (FWIW, I have an Incredible.) I never had any issues until a couple weeks ago, but now it seems I can't view programming via 3G, only via a wireless network. Just curious. (Frankly, with all the DRA/Sling issues I've had, I'm starting to feel like this 722 Sling Adaptor was essentially a scam.)

Cheers,
Geoff
I got the "attempted to email" me messages and cleared my mailbox.. However ... I'm not Tony .. but said you needed to contact Tony ... ;)

Look back in the thread for either MattG or TonyT "@ Dish Network" Their user names are usually in RED to signify they are the Authorized Dish Internet Response Team .... They will need your phone number and permissions to look into the account .. follow it to the respective servers and then they can get the info wiped off those servers so that your info is created fresh.

.... On another note.. I've gone back through both the thread here and at DishSupport .. I have it that your Wireless Router is the Netgear N1000 (router and wireless dongle share a common name)

What do you have for your connection to the internet ... cable? DSL? and what model device is it?
Also can you look *in* your Netgear Router ... and see any place it lists your "Status" and WAN Ip address ... don't post the IP address... but tell me (us / the internet) if your Netgear is getting an ip in either of the following types:
192.168.x.x
172.16.x.x
10.x.x.x
again this would be for the "WAN" or "INTERNET" port of your netgear.

This question dawned on me.. becuase.. if you are behind a DSL or Cable "Gateway" Device... and if that device is NAT-ing your connection, then your Netgear nat's also.. and you could see this kind of behavior (commonly called "double natting").

LOL, too funny.

Which service provider do you have for the Incredible? It sounds like you may be having the same issue a lot of T-Mobile customers have had (app only working in Wi-FI).

Let me know whats going on with that. I have not had any issues with the in-house Sling Adapter at all, nor the 922, via any method of connection, so I don't know what the deal is. I am personally getting a Sling Adapter though, and that way I can be a lot more useful. Also, getting a VIP922 to replace my VIP222, the latter not being as useful as it could be in DVR form.

Last edited:
Aye, sorry TG2 - I was in a rush. I'll check that router again when I have another couple minutes. (This troubleshooting business is getting lower and lower on my priority list.)

Which service provider do you have for the Incredible?
Verizon Wireless

Let me know whats going on with that. I have not had any issues with the in-house Sling Adapter at all, nor the 922, via any method of connection, so I don't know what the deal is. I am personally getting a Sling Adapter though, and that way I can be a lot more useful. Also, getting a VIP922 to replace my VIP222, the latter not being as useful as it could be in DVR form.
That brings to mind, what are the chances Dish would come out and connect a sling-loaded 922 to test my issue without charging me two arms and a foot? (Not that I'm anxious to pay for a 922, but the thought just occurred to me.)

Not really a way to "test" it like that, without actually creating the charge and scheduling tech visit, and signing two year commitment paperwork to get the receiver at the time of the visit. Not sure if you want to proceed that way though.

Hey there. Been a while. Just thought I'd let you know that I bought a new laptop - a MacBook Pro - and just tested DRA via Safari running in 32-bit mode and was successful. I viewed live TV three separate times, preceding each time by closing & reopening the browser.

Too bad it won't run on 64-bit Safari, but oh well. I'm just pleased that it seems to work. I'll continue to test it the next couple of days, but I'm optimistic.

Still didn't resolve the issue on my other working Windows HP laptop or my mostly dead Dell laptop, but I'm going to forget about it and move on with my life. ;) If you don't hear from me, all is well.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Anyone get this fix I just updated the plugin and also getting the error 2 also, but works fine on my android app

I know this thread is REALLY old. But, in case someone is still subscribed: I am successful when I start a new Chrome window but not when I try in a new tab with multiple tabs already open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)