722k Wireless Question

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I've been thinking of connecting my 722k receiver to my wireless router using the USB Wireless adapter. My question is that do I have to buy and use the one on E* website or will any other USB adapter work just fine?

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
The only adapter the works is the netgear wnda3100 version 2. You can find them on ebay.

Sent from my DROIDX

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Because I have several devices in the same area (bluray & onkyo nr808 internet receiver) I went a different route ... added another wireless router, loaded DD-WRT firmware, and turned that router into an access point with 4 ethernet ports on the back.

My next step after that was to break the wireless network into two distinct wireless networks (three wireless routers total) so that I have my gateway and main wireless network for the PC's in the house, the second router is the gateway/bridge for the 2nd wireless network, and the 3rd router connects directly to my 722k, the bluray, and my A/V receiver.

Just about a month ago, I went through and upgraded the wireless networks.. so that now the 2ndary network (for my "connecteds") is running on N network routers.

the N based routers are Buffalo WHR-G300N (v2) and are still at 40 bucks on Newegg... The benefit being multiple ports, ability to run DD-WRT and relatively inexpensive compared with buying three adapters (one for bluray, one for Onkyo, one for 722k). And having separate networks so that two laptops three desktops and 6 "connecteds" don't all fight for a 54M wireless network.

Plus you get experience with DD-WRT / Alternative firmware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts