722k wont work at all

Aerc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
PA
Basically I can't connect to any of the satellites. We have 2 satellite dishes and 1 dish(no idea what dish it is. We've had it for many years) is connected to two 301d's. The other dish is a 500(I think) and is connected to a 722k.

The 722k simply doesn't work. I can only watch my recordings. It tries to connect to 77, 72, and 61.5 but it just comes back red. While the other receivers work perfectly fine.

There is a bit of rain and snow but the old satellite dish is covered in a whole lot more ice and snow than the 500.

The 61.5, 72 and 77 are satellites for the 722k which is MPEG4 .The dish should be a 1000.4 for the Eastern Arc which is bigger than the 500 and has 3 lnb's. The 500 has only two lnb's. The 500 is for the two 301's. The two 301's capture their signal from 110 and 119 satellites which are stronger thus less susceptible to fade or signal loss. You may "carefully" try to remove the ice and snow from the 1000.4 and see if you signal returns. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Sorry I'm pretty new with this whole thing.

So pretty much the rain washed away the snow. I get all of my channels. But in the System Info it says they aren't connecting.

Last night I did a service call and they will be here in a few hours(maybe). I can't cancel it on their website. Is there anything they can do about build up while I have them out?

Did you do a system reset? Full system reset is on the front panel of the 722k behind the door. I do not know where your antennas are located. If they are readily accessible try some warm water or lightly tapping any ice build up with a hard object such as the handle on a screwdriver or small hammer. Don't go and beat the dish up though.

I pressed the reset on the front and It runs through and I get green on all 3. Thank you so much.

I guess tell the person that comes out that the problem resolved itself. I wonder if the the service people carry the OTA tuners.

The tuner is on top of our house so its not easy to get to. I was reading about using a super soaker but finding those in winter might be a tough.

You are more than welcome. A super soaker is a good idea or a lawn hose providing it isn't frozen. If you can't find something local try the internet or when the Tech shows up ask him he should know. Considering where you live this problem will happen again. Take Care. Glad I could help. obtw You may consider becoming a Pub Member. A lot of great forums and people in there.;)

Last night I got up on the roof and covered my dish with an ordinary heavy-duty trash bag and secured the excess at the bottom with a cable tie. I've got a 1000.4 and a standard trash bag size fit perfectly, covering the dish and connections/adjustments at the rear. We got 2-3" of "icy" snow--the kind that sticks and freezes. This morning there is NO snow/ice on the dish/bag and the bag didn't lower signal strength at all. :up:) Really glad I saw this solution here on the forum just before the snow started. Simple to do and appears to work great! Hope this helps.

Ed

Not sure how safe it is depends on your roof but maybe a good idea to let the tech try to peak the dish depending on what your signal levels are. I am in NY and there is no way am I going on roofs today and ladders at all will be iffy now that we have a high wind advisory.

I pressed the reset on the front and It runs through and I get green on all 3. Thank you so much.

I guess tell the person that comes out that the problem resolved itself. I wonder if the the service people carry the OTA tuners.

The tuner is on top of our house so its not easy to get to. I was reading about using a super soaker but finding those in winter might be a tough.

I bought a kid swimming pool in the middle of winter last year for some things we needed at work at Toys are Us. All I had to do was ask and they got it from the back room. In Nebraska by the way so it was really out of season.

If that does not work try Amazon .com. almost alway get what you need there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts