722's come with cables!

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
Due to another Dish screw-up I ended up with a 2nd 722 arriving after the 1st one was delivered by the "installer"--I hooked it up, he did the paper work. When I called to find out how to return it they told me a shipping label should be in the box (I hadn't opened it). It was there alright, as well as a nice set of component cables and a HDMI to DVI cable with a HDMI to DVI adapter. Gee, the "installer" told me that Dish only supplied RCA cables but he could sell me the others. Thankfully, I already had them. What a rip off! :mad:
Ed

Dish from what I have been reading has only been supplying those cables to the dns facilities at no charge while the subs and retailers have to buy them, as a rule of thumb dish has for forever and a day supplied rca, svideo, batteries, and an rg-59 coax jumper, with the hd receivers they have been supplying the standard componant cables to the dns facilities but recently I have heard of the dns facilities getting the hdmi and dvi cables.

HDMI cables are not standard with our HD boxes. And we haven't gotten the RG-59 jumpers in over a year. We do get the component cables.

Btw, Old Corps: "installers" read these forums too.

just installed my 722 last week, Had hdmi cable and component cables. Could not tell any differance between the cables so let my buddy have the hdmi cables.

He said he "Could not tell any differance" and his eyes are ALL that matters. Besides, if he's got a CRT or RP type HDTV, a "digital" connection isn't any benefit.

HDMI cables are not standard with our HD boxes. And we haven't gotten the RG-59 jumpers in over a year. We do get the component cables.

Btw, Old Corps: "installers" read these forums too.

I'm aware of that and I'm glad they do. I'm also confident that those that do are the good guys that do a professional job and stay informed. I wouldn't be surprised if the clowns that showed up at my house can't read at all, much less this forum. As far as the cable thing goes,I was told RCA cables only were included. I am NOT doubting your word but it seems strange to me that Dish would ship some receivers with the necessary cables and others without them. My 921 came with components and that was a few years ago.
Ed

Yes dish is really dropping the ball by not including the correct cables. We just eat the cost of the correct (usually 6ft HDMI) cable for a customers home. If they require longer HDMI then it cost more.

I'm aware of that and I'm glad they do. I'm also confident that those that do are the good guys that do a professional job and stay informed. I wouldn't be surprised if the clowns that showed up at my house can't read at all, much less this forum. As far as the cable thing goes,I was told RCA cables only were included. I am NOT doubting your word but it seems strange to me that Dish would ship some receivers with the necessary cables and others without them. My 921 came with components and that was a few years ago.
Ed

When the 622's rolled out they were giving us HDMI and Components for awhile, then just RCA, then the added components again. I am a sub contractor and I don't exactly work for one of the more reputable companies, so it's possible they just won't spring for them. I can't speak for that end of it as I know nothing about it.

Ed
Whoa, cowboy! Not all techs are given what 'you' think they should!

My (2) 211s and 722 all came with component and HDMI. I received them all through the DIU via UPS instead of using an installer. It's possible the Installers get a different kit than the self-install DIU folks do.

My company includes a 6 foot component cable that we purchase from dish but dish does not furnish cables other than the s-video and rca cables with the new receivers. They even quit putting in the coax cable to connect from the receiver to the tv and I assume that saves them a whopping $2 per receiver but is a pain as my installer has to make up a cable for every receiver that he installs now. Just like every other large multi million dollar company they will save a buck anyway they can to pad the overstuffed wallets of the dish executives.

The strange thing is that the DIU self-install kits generally come with cables.. So this means that Dish Network DOES have cables.. You'd think it'd be easier for them just to mail them with every one (including installer kits), but apparently not.. :)

Just like every other large multi million dollar company they will save a buck anyway they can...
First, these savings don't all go to the executives. Second, by saving money here and there, or not wasting money, maybe that's part of the reason why they're a "large multi million dollar company". ;)

Sure but whats another 2 bucks compared to having to separate installer kits and DIU Self-install kits? :) Sounds to me the human labor of having 2 packing lines instead of 1 would be justification enough to throw the cables into all kits...

I got a 722 and 622 in the last week. The 722 came with the component and rca and the 622 came with the HDMI-DVI cable, component and rca. Same as my 942 it replaced.

just a tip and a comment here... dont use the hdmi on the 211's dish had sent a memo that the 211's hdmi port would not handle it.. why i dont know.. and they may have fixed since the memo so do at you own risk... im dns and we have to ask to have the hdmi cable on our morning order.. they dont just give them .. so if you see a dish van (not a subbie truck) they are free.. IF they took the initiative to get some that morning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts