It is 1 yr....where in the world is the weather ch interactive??

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
It is amazing that the dish website still continues to advertise twc/ch. 214 when the trigger is active you can get your local weather. This has not been
present since late July...Is this a difficult s/w that dish is still having problems
getting this started. Why advertise this if it is not working at all?

Or did they totally scrap this version completely?? rolou21.:confused:

Just to be clear, this is from Dish's website:
TWC Weather
Get your local weather information with the touch of a button from the Weather Channel, the most trusted name in weather forecasting! For the first time ever, satellite viewers can get "Local on the 8's" weather information! Just press select on your remote when you see the special trigger icon located on The Weather Channel (channel 214). You can also access your local weather whenever you want by going to DishHOME (channel 100) and selecting "TWC Weather" under the 'News' category. It's accessible 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week!
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/interactive_tv/whats_new/index.shtml

What I've seen during 'testing' is *not* TWC's normal "Local on the 8's" that you get on cable. In fact, Dish's site used to say that it would be like what cable viewers get or what former cable customers were used to.

I had it for a while on my 2 - 622's, but it went away with one of the upgrades. It hasn't shown up on my 722 yet.

I was hoping to see this feature but realized that we were just getting the runaround and figured it would be a while before we would actually see the REAL local on the 8's like you see on cable.

Just look at how long their promise for Name Based Recording took to hit the 501/508/510 receivers.

I had it for a while on my 2 - 622's, but it went away with one of the upgrades. It hasn't shown up on my 722 yet.

This is what I am talking about....the "special" trigger that appears on ch. 214 has not been there for almost 2 months....I know it is always there on ch. 100, but for what Scott G showed months ago that a special slide that would appear on ch. 214 during the local on the 8's would happen, it is not.

so who knows if it will ever show up.....rolou21.

This is what I am talking about....the "special" trigger that appears on ch. 214 has not been there for almost 2 months....I know it is always there on ch. 100, but for what Scott G showed months ago that a special slide that would appear on ch. 214 during the local on the 8's would happen, it is not.

so who knows if it will ever show up.....rolou21.

I have 2 - 211's and the Trigger function has never came up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)