733 error on my HR21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TenaciousJoker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
I have a couple of premium channels that I have purchased, but two days ago, it pops up with a 733 error and will not let me view the them. I checked online and looked at my account and it is still part of my setup. This happened two weeks ago also, but that was because I had ordered it, but it didn't show up in my current setup. Now it does, and I'm being charged for them, but the channels are once again inaccessible. I have reset the receiver several times, but it doesn't help. This is an HR21 receiver. It's connected via Ethernet and the connection is good. Unfortunately, it won't let me remove the channels online to see if re-ordering them will fix this, because thirty days aren't up. Any ideas on what I might do before I give up and call customer no-service?

I have a couple of premium channels that I have purchased, but two days ago, it pops up with a 733 error and will not let me view the them. I checked online and looked at my account and it is still part of my setup. This happened two weeks ago also, but that was because I had ordered it, but it didn't show up in my current setup. Now it does, and I'm being charged for them, but the channels are once again inaccessible. I have reset the receiver several times, but it doesn't help. This is an HR21 receiver. It's connected via Ethernet and the connection is good. Unfortunately, it won't let me remove the channels online to see if re-ordering them will fix this, because thirty days aren't up. Any ideas on what I might do before I give up and call customer no-service?

When you went to the D* website, what did it say Error 733 was ?
I have never heard of that particular error, but they change from time to time.

edit: I did not see 733 listed on the website, are you sure this was the error number ?

Jimbo

733 is a Card Full error - usually with remote orderings of pay-per-view that have not been "phoned home". Is your phone line hooked up to the receiver? If the card is full it may block more than just PPV.

Here is the official description of error 733: 733 - IPPV Ordering Disabled - DIRECTV server shut down IPPV option because IRD is not calling back; it cannot be turned back on until IRD can make a successful call. Follow procedure for “731- Access Card Full”.

If it is not this - then you need to call tech support.

733 is a Card Full error - usually with remote orderings of pay-per-view that have not been "phoned home". Is your phone line hooked up to the receiver? If the card is full it may block more than just PPV.

Here is the official description of error 733: 733 - IPPV Ordering Disabled - DIRECTV server shut down IPPV option because IRD is not calling back; it cannot be turned back on until IRD can make a successful call. Follow procedure for “731- Access Card Full”.

If it is not this - then you need to call tech support.

731 rang a bell when you posted it as being "Card Full".
I agree,, the bill will need to be addressed before channels will be authorized.

Usually, they shut down PPV's and leave the rest going, unless you fall way behind, or just don't pay them.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)