77W only has locals channels...on CONUS beams??

Yes, over the last few weeks, national programming has been moved off E8 to Nimiq-5.

Yes, E8 does have spot beam capability, but it was designed for 110. They are pointing in the wrong places. There are many pointing to western DMAs not in EA, and E8 was hardly an efficient spot beam sat anyway. No point in using them.

But Quetzsat-1 should alter that significantly. No confirmation, but it should be an extensive spot beam sat.

Those are just being warmed there until E14 goes up

They might go ahead and mirror some of the International channels so EA folks dont need 2 dishes

77 will eventually get a spot beam satellite. It will just have CONUS LiL on it until the new satellite launches.

Those are just being warmed there until E14 goes up

They might go ahead and mirror some of the International channels so EA folks dont need 2 dishes

I can not see more than a few if any of the locals at 77W being be moved or mirrored on the E-14 satellite basically because we are talking EA i.e., 77 W versus WA i.e., 119 W for E-14.

In regards to the QuetzSat-1 satellite scheduled to be launched in August of 2011, Dish has use of 24 TPs in the U.S. and I believe at least 16 TPs will be dedicated to spotbeams but perhaps as many as 20. The rest will probably be used to provide the Dish Latino package for the EA. Nimiq 5 at 72.7 W eventually will be the source for most if not all national programming for the EA especially after Dish gets use of all 32 TPs on Nimiq 5 by early to mid 2011. I expect Dish to mirror all their international programming on 61.5 W at least by the time the E-15 satellite is launched there in September of 2010. The E-16 satellite to be launched to 61.5 W in 2012 will provide even more spotbeam capacity to the EA.

I think he probably meant E15 instead of E14.

Mirror, as in provide HD national programming on 61.5 and 72.7 at the same time????? Dish has stated they are moving, not mirroring, programming from 61.5 to 72.7, at least for now. Not sure what the long term view is for 61.5 and 72.7 as to the mix of national programming carried at each slot.

I think he probably meant E15 instead of E14.

Mirror, as in provide HD national programming on 61.5 and 72.7 at the same time????? Dish has stated they are moving, not mirroring, programming from 61.5 to 72.7, at least for now. Not sure what the long term view is for 61.5 and 72.7 as to the mix of national programming carried at each slot.

I think the discussion was about locals on 77 W and since the E-15 satellite is CONUS only, no spotbeams, I don't see how one confuses the CONUS only E-15 satellite with the E-14 satellite that has spotbeams. I also raised the possibility of mirroring locals from 77 W onto E-14 which is highly unlikely.

Dish has stated they are moving, not mirroring, programming from 61.5 to 72.7, at least for now.
That is exactly the opposite of what I thought I read around here somewhere. Scott reported on 3 phases, the 1st of which involved mirroring channels on 61.5 and 72.7 until next year when they would be taken down off 61.5. That's when I decided to throw in the towel on my mixed-arc setup and now I'm EA. With a D500 still there for my SD receivers in the closet.

That is exactly the opposite of what I thought I read around here somewhere. Scott reported on 3 phases, the 1st of which involved mirroring channels on 61.5 and 72.7 until next year when they would be taken down off 61.5. That's when I decided to throw in the towel on my mixed-arc setup and now I'm EA. With a D500 still there for my SD receivers in the closet.

The first post in the link http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=208638 says
61.5 HD Core Migrations - Select Customers Receiving Communication

In order to streamline our business processes and launch more HD content, DISH Network will begin the migration of all HD Core, HD Premium, HD PPV, and HD VOD channels from the 61.5° orbital location to the 72.7° orbital location. However, before we can move the content, we need to move select customers who currently receive their HD programming from 61.5° to either 72.7 or 129°. This migration will essentially take place in three phases, the first of which DISH Network will be migrating customers that get their HD programming from 61.5°, their SD programming from 110°/119°, subscribe to at least one Premium programming package, and reside in a Western Arc DMA.

DISH Network is currently contacting customers within this first phase in order to redirect their antenna to the 129° orbital location. If a customer contacts you stating that they have received a communication from DISH Network regarding this migration, please refer them to 1-888-383-3727.
It mentions a migration, which I took to mean move.

If they intend to temporarily mirror them on both locations for a while as part of that move, I suppose that makes sense but it would also mean bandwidth that could be used for additional Eastern Arc local markets or CONUS services will have to wait until after E15 (and later E16) arrives and until after they have migrated everyone off of mixed arc setups. They are gonna get that done in 12 months? I'll be impressed if so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)