8/15/2012 6:16pm - Uplink Activity Report - 79 changes

Hooray Hooray....WMUR is finally available to the entire state of NH. Thank you Senator Shaheen.

what did that person do? WMUR has been available for years to all NH residents but because Dish had their hand slapped 6 years ago they no longer could offer it there
Nice that the FCC relaxed the rule for dish to once again offer it

Mojo Jojo said:
Isn't Fashion TV in an international package on Dish? I think it is on Mummybox on Roku.

So, Fashion TV SD is on channel 596 in the International Basic package ($10/month). My guess is that one would have to sub to some type of international programming. Another guess is that one would need a setup in order to view the international channels. I am not sure if that would really be worthwhile.
FMI:
http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/international-basic/

what did that person do? WMUR has been available for years to all NH residents but because Dish had their hand slapped 6 years ago they no longer could offer it there
Nice that the FCC relaxed the rule for dish to once again offer it

The FCC rules had been relaxed for over a year.....in September 2011 Vermont's southern counties were finally allowed to watch their own Vermont stations even though they were technically in the Albany or Boston DMAs. That was due to the efforts of US Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont. Dish was not self motivated to add out of market stations. In NH, US Senator Jean Shaheen was the squeaky wheel backed up by NH Senator Jeb Bradley and a few others.

John

The FCC rules had been relaxed for over a year.....
nah. The rule that Dish still had to abide by was the only ay they could import a station to a different market was if there was no affiliate there. There were plenty fo threads on it back then

in September 2011 Vermont's southern counties were finally allowed to watch their own Vermont stations even though they were technically in the Albany or Boston DMAs.
correct but that happened after Dish was allowed to import neighboring stations if the market was missing one. That law took effect after that

Dish was not self motivated to add out of market stations. In NH, US Senator Jean Shaheen was the squeaky wheel backed up by NH Senator Jeb Bradley and a few others.
John

Dish wanted to add WMUR but the FCC still said they couldn't. Threads on it back then
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/255878-please-add-significantly-viewed-stations-now.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/285979-can-dirt-confirm-dish-working-wmur.html

BEIN sport is live on Dish Network on Channel 408. Should be an uplink report soon. Free Preview ends 9/11 (how brainless is that ?)
No uplink report on that due to my stupidity.

Each time the uplink is run (which is every 13 minutes) it creates a number of large dump files as it pulls information from tsreader. Doing this so many times a day over so many months = lots of files eating up the hard drive.

So every two months or so I go through and clean things up removing the old files. Normally when I delete these files I sort the files from oldest to newest. Tonight I messed up and sorted them from Newest to Oldest, so when I went through and selected them I deleted them all including all the reference data from today. So I had to have it run the uplink tool to rebuild a new base image, so it had nothing older to compare it to so it didn't catch the beIN changes (which went from not available to Available then to Free Preview)

So totally stupid move on my part. :( But I did free up 40 gig on the hard drive. :D

At this moment, SD only, tomorrow, who knows... But, that said, I just watched a piece of a match and it looks like s**t on my 70". I'll not be looking at a lot this way.

[Channel Additions:
6146 - WABC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 148W TP 03 ConUS beam (New York, NY)(NA)
6147 - WCBS [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 148W TP 03 ConUS beam (New York, NY)(NA)
6148 - WNBC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 148W TP 03 ConUS beam (New York, NY)(NA)
6149 - WNYW [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 148W TP 03 ConUS beam (New York, NY)(NA)QUOTE=wicked;2945662]Whats this??[/QUOTE]

Isn't this satellite located somewhere over the Pacific? Why deliver NYC HD there????

So there is an actual satellite at 148 slot now? I thought the main reason DISH lost the license there was a lack of an actual satellite to put at that location.

Maybe the uplink software the site uses needs to be updated. Could it be an outdated database and 148 is actually a different slot?

They had to balance "current"

Not to mention MSNBC, CNN, Bloomberg, The Weather Channel, NBC, ABC, CBS, HBO and on and on.;)

Beck is changing the name of GBTV to Blaze TV next month.

A few months ago, They asked me to participate in a subscriber survey. One of the questions asked if I had any interest in subscribing if the service was available on a platform other than the internet. They specifically mentioned Dish. This might be it. Or not. We'll see.

nah. The rule that Dish still had to abide by was the only ay they could import a station to a different market was if there was no affiliate there. There were plenty fo threads on it back then

correct but that happened after Dish was allowed to import neighboring stations if the market was missing one. That law took effect after that

Dish wanted to add WMUR but the FCC still said they couldn't. Threads on it back then
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/255878-please-add-significantly-viewed-stations-now.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/285979-can-dirt-confirm-dish-working-wmur.html

I am sure you are correct, but I would not dismiss the contributions of the NH legistlators. Check my 6-19-12 post in that last thread. Senator Shaheen's office predicted the addition of WMUR this summer. It seems to me that if they knew in advance this was to happen, they must have had some involvement in the deal.

No matter if it was Dish's initiative or not, we are just glad to have WMUR on Dish.

John