8/18/2011 12:31pm - Uplink Activity Report - 2 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/18/2011 12:31pm - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/18/2011 12:16P - 08/18/2011 12:31P

Channel Renames:
259 - DISH (Dish Network Information Channel) - EchoStar11 110W TP 08 ConUS beam renamed to GMC (A) (FP)
259 - DISH (Dish Network Information Channel) - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 23 ConUS beam renamed to GMC (A) (FP)

Channels in the system: 8454
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2011 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v11.07.22

© 2011 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

GMC will be in the AT250 package and will be in a free preview until October 12th.

Seriously? AT250?! How does that help those in lower tier packages that had INSP? :rant:Had to go on a rant....Seems unfair (although I know things can change at any time). Seriously, though, why replace a channel everyone gets, make a big deal about it replacing the other channel, and have the channel in a higher tier than the original channel it is taking the place of...

It should stay in the Welcome Pack. AT250 seems like a bizarre package selection for this channel and at least if it stays in the Welcome Package you are accounting for the channel they lost (when they are already kind of limited). That's just my two cents, though. And my two cents doesn't always count for much. ;)

Its in the Welcome Pack....but I guess the freeview takes care of that too

Well, it's kind of a strange channel to add in general. A few posts, citing nothing, say they're paying to be on. Any truth to that?

And how does stuff end up in the Welcome Pack that's from pretty high tiers? I'll probably stick around with Dish after the NFL season this year instead of Flexing out, mostly to watch Mad Men, etc. $15 is much better than $60, much less $70 for 250. What's the intended market for the Welcome Pack?

Hrm, GMC isn't on the preview channel, the package comparison list, or the Dishnetwork.com Welcome Pack list. Not exactly the red carpet for it. Interesting.