8/9/2011 12:17am - Uplink Activity Report - 3 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/9/2011 12:17am - 3 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/09/2011 12:01A - 08/09/2011 12:16A

Channel Type Changes:
5862 - SPEC1 Anik F3 118.7W TP 32 ConUS beam changed from SD TV to MPEG2 SD (NA)

Channel Renames:
259 - INSP (Inspiration Network) - EchoStar11 110W TP 08 ConUS beam renamed to DISH (Dish Network Information Channel) (A) (FP)
259 - INSP (Inspiration Network) - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 23 ConUS beam renamed to DISH (Dish Network Information Channel) (A) (FP)

Channels in the system: 8444
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2011 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v11.07.22

© 2011 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/9/2011 12:17am - 3 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/09/2011 12:01A - 08/09/2011 12:16A

Channel Type Changes:
5862 - SPEC1 Anik F3 118.7W TP 32 ConUS beam changed from SD TV to MPEG2 SD (NA)

Channel Renames:
259 - INSP (Inspiration Network) - EchoStar11 110W TP 08 ConUS beam renamed to DISH (Dish Network Information Channel) (A) (FP)
259 - INSP (Inspiration Network) - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 23 ConUS beam renamed to DISH (Dish Network Information Channel) (A) (FP)

Channels in the system: 8444
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2011 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v11.07.22

© 2011 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated
Another programming dispute here? Not that I believe there's a popular clamor out there for Dish to carry this network....

Dish is having a contract dispute with a religious network that probably PAYS to be on Dish

only Charlie can screw this one up...............

I found this on INSP's website.

inline-dish-header.jpg

To the friends and fans of INSP:
DISH Network has taken INSP off of their service. DISH is insisting that INSP pay them millions of dollars a year to be carried on DISH Network. We simply cannot afford to pay the fees that DISH is demanding of us.
The truth is that DISH Network pays almost every other network a monthly fee for the right to carry their programming on the Dish service. Many of these networks that Dish is paying a monthly fee to don't have nearly as many viewers as INSP, according to the Nielsen rating service. INSP has never charged a monthly fee and we aren't asking DISH to pay us one like they pay to almost every other network on their service.
DISH is a multi-billion dollar corporation. INSP is an independent network with inspirational and family-friendly programming that must compete with other multi-billion dollar networks. If we had to pay to be carried by cable systems, satellite, and telephone companies, we could never afford to bring you the great shows you love like The Walton's, Wind at My Back, Highway to Heaven, Inspiration Today, Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, and many more.
All we are asking is that DISH treat INSP fairly. We aren't asking them to pay us the way they pay almost every other network.
If you agree and want to help us get INSP back on DISH Network, please use the form on this page to send an email to DISH and to sign our digital petition.
You can also let DISH Network know you want INSP back by calling
1-800-333-DISH (3474) (Please have your DISH account number handy)
In advance, thank you for your support of INSP.
Sincerely,
The management and staff of INSP
Attention Dish Network Customers!

the wording is very confusing because they say
INSP has never charged a monthly fee and we aren't asking DISH to pay us one like they pay to almost every other network on their service.

so as I read it
INSP was added for free to Dish
INSP doesnt want any money in return
Dish now wants them to pay to be on there like ESPN, CNN etc

if so thats pretty bad even for Charlie. There are a fair amount of folks who like this channel

If i read the site correctly Dish wants INSP to pay them to carry it. INSP is not asking to be paid. Either way it was a great channel that replayed shows that had real value unlike the junk on tv today. I hope this can be resolved very soon.

So, let's see..... Inspiration got a free ride for a while and now Dish wants them to pay their own way. I fail to see what is wrong with that. There is nothing different with this scenario than asking the paying consumer to pony up after a bunch of freebies in the beginning of subscription...

I think it has decent enough content on it to be deserved to be paid a small fee or at least be made available for free. I think its crazy that Dish Network is asking them to pay millions each year to be carried. I could understand if they did not have decent enough content but this past year or two their content has gotten better and better.

Perhaps Dish was using INSP as a public interest channel in the past. They are required to carry PI channels for free. Maybe INSP is no longer a valid PI channel, or Dish decided to replace them with another PI channel.