811 0r 211?

prsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Puerto Rico
Hi:
Who's the best of the two? Two different buddys offered me one of them. But I want to know if anyone of this two is better than the other. Thanks for your help. Planning to suscribe. Need your expertise. Thx.:confused:

You want the ViP211. It is not only MPEG-4 capable, which transmissions are slowly shifting to, it has an ethernet port. This port might enable additional services in the coming months. Most HD today can only be seen on MPEG-4 capable units. Also, the ViP211 will have the POSSIBILITY of connecting a USB External Storage unit. This MIGHT allow converting the ViP211 into a DVR, but don't plan on that. More likely, it will allow a recording you made on another unit, a ViP622, to be played back on the ViP211. Other applications may apply.

The ViP211 is the much newer design, and has many years of use ahead of it. The 811 is near it's end. It might not be usable for HD for many more months, since it cannot decode MPEG-4. And it's use for SD could only be around 3 years, when even SD might change over to MPEG-4. Best estimates at this time.

Thanks!!!!

You want the ViP211. It is not only MPEG-4 capable, which transmissions are slowly shifting to, it has an ethernet port. This port might enable additional services in the coming months. Most HD today can only be seen on MPEG-4 capable units. Also, the ViP211 will have the POSSIBILITY of connecting a USB External Storage unit. This MIGHT allow converting the ViP211 into a DVR, but don't plan on that. More likely, it will allow a recording you made on another unit, a ViP622, to be played back on the ViP211. Other applications may apply.

The ViP211 is the much newer design, and has many years of use ahead of it. The 811 is near it's end. It might not be usable for HD for many more months, since it cannot decode MPEG-4. And it's use for SD could only be around 3 years, when even SD might change over to MPEG-4. Best estimates at this time.

I had made my choice already: 211 is for me. Thx toall you guys you are the best.;)

ViP622 turning itself on

TV1 and TV2 with ViP622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)