811 2.64 update. viacom and charlie chat

jeffdan

jeffdan

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 25, 2004
88
0
well at least the guy that clled me this morning wasn't kidding around. i recieved my update on the 811 this evening and most everyhting is working much better. let's just hope what he said about the viacom deal is true. let's face it he told me today the 811 would be updated and it was. so let's all be a little patient thru monday. that's when dish's ten day restraining order runs out with viacom. let's just hope the deal gets done. also wanted to remind everyone about the next charlie chat at 8pm on march 8 monday night.

below is the the other thread i sent earlier.

811 isuues, viacom and charlie chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello patriots,

i emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com last night. in the email i asked the following.

1. when would the issues of the 811 be resolved

2. what's the deal with viacom. will there be a blackout of viacom channels voiding my contract with the at60, at150, and at180 and showtime unlimited.

3. when could we expect more hd channels.


instead of email me some simple response, i recieved a call just about 20 minutes ago. john called and since there were so many imortant issues that need addressed in my email, he thought it would be easier to call.

the answer to the 811 questions.

1 software update will go out today. it should fix most of the problems but the dark screen on some tv's. they are tring to have another update by the end of the month but since this update was delayed, it might be also.

viacom answer

2. they are in heavy nogotiations with viacom even though the haven't signed anything as of this morning they will have it taken care before the blackout would occur. he couldn't say to much but told me an offer viacom submitted was on the talble that dish is srtongly considering. he said they 98% postive that there will be no interuptions in those viacom services.

hd progamming dance

3. the answer to the "when do we get more hd", was simple. he can't release that info but did tell me to watch the mar 8 charlie chat. they will be talking about all the new hd programming that might be available in the near future.

just wanted to pass on the ifo. and send a thank you to all of you on the forum for informing me aof these issuses. i also think it was commendable that dish did respond by phone and not by email.
 
BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
8,207
0
Orlando
jeffdan said:
the answer to the "when do we get more hd", was simple. he can't release that info but did tell me to watch the mar 8 charlie chat. they will be talking about all the new hd programming that might be available in the near future.

Wow, the march 8 charlie chat should be bigger than the super bowl lol ;)
 
A

AkShark

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
29
0
BFG said:
Wow, the march 8 charlie chat should be bigger than the super bowl lol ;)


:shocked :eek: Will Janet be the special guest?
 
M

MaSat

Member
Mar 3, 2004
8
0
Got 264 today. Now I can see slow redraw on GUIDE GUI but it fixes the problem with programming info disappearing from GUIDE. Looks like sound problem between channel surf is fixed too. I must hammer it for a while to see if they actually fixes other bugs. I will be very happy if it stop freezing.
 
A

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
700
0
AkShark said:
:shocked :eek: Will Janet be the special guest?
No, but word is that Charlie will be sporting a sunburst nipple decoration... Maybe he'll show it to us? Ugh!
 
M

MaSat

Member
Mar 3, 2004
8
0
jeffdan said:
well at least the guy that clled me this morning wasn't kidding around. i recieved my update on the 811 this evening and most everyhting is working much better. let's just hope what he said about the viacom deal is true. let's face it he told me today the 811 would be updated and it was. so let's all be a little patient thru monday. that's when dish's ten day restraining order runs out with viacom. let's just hope the deal gets done. also wanted to remind everyone about the next charlie chat at 8pm on march 8 monday night.

below is the the other thread i sent earlier.

811 isuues, viacom and charlie chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello patriots,

i emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com last night. in the email i asked the following.

1. when would the issues of the 811 be resolved

2. what's the deal with viacom. will there be a blackout of viacom channels voiding my contract with the at60, at150, and at180 and showtime unlimited.

3. when could we expect more hd channels.


instead of email me some simple response, i recieved a call just about 20 minutes ago. john called and since there were so many imortant issues that need addressed in my email, he thought it would be easier to call.

the answer to the 811 questions.

1 software update will go out today. it should fix most of the problems but the dark screen on some tv's. they are tring to have another update by the end of the month but since this update was delayed, it might be also.

viacom answer

2. they are in heavy nogotiations with viacom even though the haven't signed anything as of this morning they will have it taken care before the blackout would occur. he couldn't say to much but told me an offer viacom submitted was on the talble that dish is srtongly considering. he said they 98% postive that there will be no interuptions in those viacom services.

hd progamming dance

3. the answer to the "when do we get more hd", was simple. he can't release that info but did tell me to watch the mar 8 charlie chat. they will be talking about all the new hd programming that might be available in the near future.

just wanted to pass on the ifo. and send a thank you to all of you on the forum for informing me aof these issuses. i also think it was commendable that dish did respond by phone and not by email.

I'm new here. Would you be kind enough to explain to me what is CHARLIE CHAT? Thanks.
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,693
20,246
Newington, CT
Charlie Chat is a Monthly Television show hosted by Dish Network CEO Charlie Ergen, and airs on Dish Network Channel 101.

The next one is next week at 9pm. :)

We hold special Charlie Chat... Chat's here at Satelliteguys where we talk about the chat on TV and we also give away some great prizes. :)
 
H

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
293
2
Arizona
Upgraded to P264.
This morning I played with it a little before work.

I powered the 811 down last night before going to bed. This morning I wanted to see how far out the guide went. I started scrolling into the future, and at about 24 hours, it stopped and started downloading information. This display shows a progress bar and downloads fairly fast. Once the download completed, I had to start scrolling again from the beginning (current time). It went out 45 hours into the future. No more big screen of waiting of download, gets wife off my back. Still no local info in guide for local DTV channels, but didn't expect that.

Yes, the video now shows up in the guide (if you have that activated), nice to have that back (gets the wife off of my back here too).

In the locals setup, there is a new option to display the Dish locals (if you subscribe) or the OTA analog locals in the guide at their regular number. If you add them to the guide they are a different color and end in'-00'.

Guide still does not retain mapping of all of the DTV channels to analog numbers. It does it when you initially add them to the list, but after you view that channel, it displays as its digital number.

SD picture is still darker the the HD output, but that fix wasn't expected with this upgrade.

I can't speak to the audio problems some are having because I don't have it setup through a DD5.1 system yet.
 
jerryez

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
4,547
1,019
Pensacola,FL
Charlie Chat's have always promised in advance that more HD would be discussed. So far, I can't remember when more HD was ever discussed on a CC, as far back as I can remember. We just get our hopes up and Charlie dashes them to pieces. If the subject does come up, they say there is not any HD channels worth adding or they are in negotiation with that channel and cannot release any info at this time.
How many times have we heard this.
Please do not reply. Now back to the subject, whatever it was.
 
DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
4,298
0
Salem, OR
We all know about the HD programming that "MIGHT" be available, I want to know what "WILL" be available in the near future.
 
jerryez

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
4,547
1,019
Pensacola,FL
DarrellP said:
We all know about the HD programming that "MIGHT" be available, I want to know what "WILL" be available in the near future.


Try prayer!
 
B

bsic

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 6, 2004
113
0
Texas
jerryez said:
Charlie Chat's have always promised in advance that more HD would be discussed. So far, I can't remember when more HD was ever discussed on a CC, as far back as I can remember. We just get our hopes up and Charlie dashes them to pieces. If the subject does come up, they say there is not any HD channels worth adding or they are in negotiation with that channel and cannot release any info at this time.
How many times have we heard this.
Please do not reply. Now back to the subject, whatever it was.


If he is done with negotiations, you will have the channels. If he is in negotiations, its unsure. So he cant possible say with 100% certainty that "we will have channels XYZ next month". All he can say is he's working on it (negotiations etc). Give him a break. Or switch to Voom.

he did say that "we are in negotiations and hope to have half a dozen more channels in the next six months". Im cool with that. But maybe you should email him and ask if you can sit in on negotiations if thats not enough for you.
 
FaxMan

FaxMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Oct 26, 2003
43
0
bsic said:
If he is done with negotiations, you will have the channels. If he is in negotiations, its unsure. So he cant possible say with 100% certainty that "we will have channels XYZ next month". All he can say is he's working on it (negotiations etc). Give him a break. Or switch to Voom.

he did say that "we are in negotiations and hope to have half a dozen more channels in the next six months". Im cool with that. But maybe you should email him and ask if you can sit in on negotiations if thats not enough for you.

That or he may try to negotiate on the air like he has done so many times by little digs at the folks he is negotiating with.
 
J

James Long

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2003
1,580
0
Michiana: South of the Border
bcshields said:
Not another bible thumping channel....
How about an atheist channel for Bible thumper thumping?

Kinda like FSTV at the beginning of last year. America United, except for the kooks.

JL
I don't believe in the Easter Bunny. But I've got better things to do than argue about it.
 

Similar threads

jeffdan
Replies
16
Views
2K
B
Scott Greczkowski
Replies
55
Views
12K
John Kotches
John Kotches
S
Replies
6
Views
1K
Mark_AR
Mark_AR
L
Replies
3
Views
2K
Scott Greczkowski
Scott Greczkowski
Top